Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

Post by simo » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:08:59

Hi everyone,
I am getting the above error when running some of our
stored procs and am having difficulty in solving it. Here
is what I have done.
I have had to load a SQL7 DB into a SQL2000 instance.
The SQL2000 server has Latin1-General collation.
The SQL7 server has the CP_850_BIN collation.
I figured the error was due to mismatched sort
order/character sets, so I created a new db on SQL2000 and
set the collation to SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN which
was the closest matching one and then loaded the SQL7 dump
into it. Afterwards I checked the collation and it was
still correctly set.
But I still get same error.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks

Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

Post by Chris Woo » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:14:29

Simo,

Probably your stored procs use tempdb for temp tables. Check the collation
of tempdb to your database collation. If they are different then that is why
you have the problem. You will either have to change your database to match
the server or the other way round.

HTH

Chris Wood
Alberta Department of Energy
CANADA

Quote:> Hi everyone,
> I am getting the above error when running some of our
> stored procs and am having difficulty in solving it. Here
> is what I have done.
> I have had to load a SQL7 DB into a SQL2000 instance.
> The SQL2000 server has Latin1-General collation.
> The SQL7 server has the CP_850_BIN collation.
> I figured the error was due to mismatched sort
> order/character sets, so I created a new db on SQL2000 and
> set the collation to SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN which
> was the closest matching one and then loaded the SQL7 dump
> into it. Afterwards I checked the collation and it was
> still correctly set.
> But I still get same error.
> Can anybody help me?
> Thanks

Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

Post by Nick Hal » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:54:30

If you use temporary table you can change your sp's as follows:

CREATE TABLE #MyTempTable (Column1 INT, Column2 VARCHAR(10) Collate
database_default)

or you can add the collate statement to your joins.

--
Nick Hall
Senior Database Administrator

Try a free 10 voucher off designer underwear at the above URL.

> Simo,

> Probably your stored procs use tempdb for temp tables. Check the collation
> of tempdb to your database collation. If they are different then that is
why
> you have the problem. You will either have to change your database to
match
> the server or the other way round.

> HTH

> Chris Wood
> Alberta Department of Energy
> CANADA

> > Hi everyone,
> > I am getting the above error when running some of our
> > stored procs and am having difficulty in solving it. Here
> > is what I have done.
> > I have had to load a SQL7 DB into a SQL2000 instance.
> > The SQL2000 server has Latin1-General collation.
> > The SQL7 server has the CP_850_BIN collation.
> > I figured the error was due to mismatched sort
> > order/character sets, so I created a new db on SQL2000 and
> > set the collation to SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN which
> > was the closest matching one and then loaded the SQL7 dump
> > into it. Afterwards I checked the collation and it was
> > still correctly set.
> > But I still get same error.
> > Can anybody help me?
> > Thanks

1. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.

what does this error means? i am trying to call a procedure from an
procedure and what i get is the following error.
what is collation? I am a beginner...

Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 9, Procedure sp_belonging_groups, Line 62
Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.

the command i am executing is:

;

the procedure sp_call_main_proc  is as bellow:

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_call_main_proc(

AS

GO

the sp_main_proc is on the different database, what i know is the parameters
of the procedure and the data type.

2. BBS CD_ROM ?

3. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

4. Need info on Novell Btrieve

5. Incorrect display of numbers in Px8

6. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.

7. Deleted dbf records

8. Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation

9. resolve collation conflict for equal to operation?????

10. Cannot resolve collation conflict for %ls operation.????