Anyone Interested?

Post by Peter Wilso » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:17:38

Hi Everyone,

I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone to automatically
create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-tiers using COM+
Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the backend database.

Basically I'm looking for a bit of feedback.  Perhaps I'll even allow some
lucky person the privilege of converting their simple access database, into
a full scale client/server application (Win2000 compatible only).  This full
scale client/server application will scale to hundreds, possibly thousands
of simultaneous users... I have not stressed tested it that far.

Here's what the program does....
1) You feed in an Access database.
2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically generates 3 Visual
Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
*  A User Interface Tier
*  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within Component Services,
or deployed in a web farm.
*  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server (or clustered server
arrangement... I have not fully tested yet)
3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project Group is created, so
that a double click will automatically load up all three tiers and you can
start modifying the code to suit.
4) SQLServer scripts are automatically created to help move your Access
database into SQLServer.

Currently I'm working on automating the creation of web site files to add,
delete and search on the tables via the middle tier layer.

I'll probably automate a web service client, which means clients can use the
same application in the office, as at home via the Internet.  All via MS's
new .NET / Web Services stratedgy... etc.

For the interested parties,  I have based most of the middle-tier code on
the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great deal of tried and
proven technologies placed into my past projects.

Well.... anyone interested in this sort of thing?

- Peter

Anyone Interested?

Post by Richard Douglas » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:19:35

Yes.  Count me in.  I would love to check this out.

Richard

Quote:> Hi Everyone,

> I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone to automatically
> create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-tiers using COM+
> Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the backend
database.

> Basically I'm looking for a bit of feedback.  Perhaps I'll even allow some
> lucky person the privilege of converting their simple access database,
into
> a full scale client/server application (Win2000 compatible only).  This
full
> scale client/server application will scale to hundreds, possibly thousands
> of simultaneous users... I have not stressed tested it that far.

> Here's what the program does....
> 1) You feed in an Access database.
> 2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically generates 3 Visual
> Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
> *  A User Interface Tier
> *  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within Component Services,
> or deployed in a web farm.
> *  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server (or clustered server
> arrangement... I have not fully tested yet)
> 3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project Group is created, so
> that a double click will automatically load up all three tiers and you can
> start modifying the code to suit.
> 4) SQLServer scripts are automatically created to help move your Access
> database into SQLServer.

> Currently I'm working on automating the creation of web site files to add,
> delete and search on the tables via the middle tier layer.

> I'll probably automate a web service client, which means clients can use
the
> same application in the office, as at home via the Internet.  All via MS's
> new .NET / Web Services stratedgy... etc.

> For the interested parties,  I have based most of the middle-tier code on
> the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great deal of tried and
> proven technologies placed into my past projects.

> Well.... anyone interested in this sort of thing?

> - Peter

Anyone Interested?

Post by Peter DeBett » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:12:29

Peter,

How could I be of help? I am a VB and SQL programmer (9 and 6 years
respectively).

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:> Hi Everyone,

> I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone to automatically
> create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-tiers using COM+
> Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the backend
database.

> Basically I'm looking for a bit of feedback.  Perhaps I'll even allow some
> lucky person the privilege of converting their simple access database,
into
> a full scale client/server application (Win2000 compatible only).  This
full
> scale client/server application will scale to hundreds, possibly thousands
> of simultaneous users... I have not stressed tested it that far.

> Here's what the program does....
> 1) You feed in an Access database.
> 2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically generates 3 Visual
> Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
> *  A User Interface Tier
> *  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within Component Services,
> or deployed in a web farm.
> *  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server (or clustered server
> arrangement... I have not fully tested yet)
> 3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project Group is created, so
> that a double click will automatically load up all three tiers and you can
> start modifying the code to suit.
> 4) SQLServer scripts are automatically created to help move your Access
> database into SQLServer.

> Currently I'm working on automating the creation of web site files to add,
> delete and search on the tables via the middle tier layer.

> I'll probably automate a web service client, which means clients can use
the
> same application in the office, as at home via the Internet.  All via MS's
> new .NET / Web Services stratedgy... etc.

> For the interested parties,  I have based most of the middle-tier code on
> the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great deal of tried and
> proven technologies placed into my past projects.

> Well.... anyone interested in this sort of thing?

> - Peter

Anyone Interested?

Post by Peter Wilso » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 23:02:48

Thanks to everyone who responded publicly and privately.  I will contact you
within the next few days and offer you a free trial.

- Peter

Anyone Interested?

Post by mjsurm » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:10:53

Peter,

I am interested in a program that with convert an Access
database to SQl Server. Or at least generate the scripts.
Your program sound like something I would be interested in
trying out. Sound great.

Mike

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Everyone,

>I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone
to automatically
>create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-
tiers using COM+
>Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the
backend database.

>Basically I'm looking for a bit of feedback.  Perhaps

I'll even allow some
Quote:>lucky person the privilege of converting their simple

access database, into
Quote:>a full scale client/server application (Win2000

compatible only).  This full
Quote:>scale client/server application will scale to hundreds,
possibly thousands
>of simultaneous users... I have not stressed tested it
that far.

>Here's what the program does....
>1) You feed in an Access database.
>2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically
generates 3 Visual
>Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
>*  A User Interface Tier
>*  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within
Component Services,
>or deployed in a web farm.
>*  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server (or
clustered server
>arrangement... I have not fully tested yet)
>3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project

Group is created, so
Quote:>that a double click will automatically load up all three
tiers and you can
>start modifying the code to suit.
>4) SQLServer scripts are automatically created to help
move your Access
>database into SQLServer.

>Currently I'm working on automating the creation of web
site files to add,
>delete and search on the tables via the middle tier layer.

>I'll probably automate a web service client, which means
clients can use the
>same application in the office, as at home via the

Internet.  All via MS's

Quote:>new .NET / Web Services stratedgy... etc.

>For the interested parties,  I have based most of the
middle-tier code on
>the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great
deal of tried and
>proven technologies placed into my past projects.

>Well.... anyone interested in this sort of thing?

>- Peter

>.

1. Anyone interested?

Hi All,

I have written a very powerful program that allows anyone to automatically
create VB applications that are designed to run across 3-tiers using COM+
Interfaces, COM+ Transactions and using SQL Server as the backend database.

Here's what the program does....
1) You feed in an Access database (or SQL Server database)

2) My program looks at the tables, and automatically generates 3 Visual
Basic projects, one for each tier of the project.
*  A User Interface Tier
*  A Middle tier, designed to sit on web server within Component Services,
or deployed in a web farm.
*  A Data tier, designed to sit on the SQL Server

3) At the end of the automation process, a VB Project Group is created, so
that a double click will automatically load up all three tiers and you can
start modifying the code to suit.

4) SQL Server scripts are automatically created to help move your Access
database into SQL Server.

For the interested parties,  I have based most of the middle-tier code on
the samples provided by FMStocks2000, and also a great deal of tried and
proven technologies placed into my past projects.

http://www.midar.com/products/codegen.htm

Cheers,

Peter Wilson
MIDAR Pty Ltd

2. cluster private connection

3. Anyone interested in WYSIWYG (XSL based) XML editor

4. DBA/SA Salary Ranges ??

5. Open source full text indexing, anyone interested?

6. Schedule of the Informix Demo Truck (April)

7. Full text searching, anyone interested?

8. CONCAT NULL YIELDS NULL doesn't work

9. Anyone interested in Testing a Java Dynamic Data Driven Meta System

10. Anyone interested?

11. Anyone Interested in Importer and Admin Utillity

12. Doing ODBC without BDE: Anyone Interested???