Cant Get MSSQL 6.5 to work.

Post by Ronen Magi » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,
I have this problem, maybe one of you encountered it already: I have
installed MSSQL 6.5 on a brand new installation of NT4.0 with IIS 3.0.

Other than the MSSQL, everything works fine: connectivity, IIS, users...
everything.

when i try to register a new database, it appears on the TreeControl as a
"dimmed traffic light"... , when i try to "start it"...  it says something
about "RPC service not available" and doesnt work...

I have checked my running services on my NT, and the RPC (two of them) have
been already started and running.

any ideas ?
    Ronen
    (if you can , please respond via email)

Cant Get MSSQL 6.5 to work.

Post by Patrick Shafe » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hello all,
>I have this problem, maybe one of you encountered it already: I have
>installed MSSQL 6.5 on a brand new installation of NT4.0 with IIS 3.0.

>Other than the MSSQL, everything works fine: connectivity, IIS, users...
>everything.

>when i try to register a new database, it appears on the TreeControl as a
>"dimmed traffic light"... , when i try to "start it"...  it says something
>about "RPC service not available" and doesnt work...

>I have checked my running services on my NT, and the RPC (two of them) have
>been already started and running.

>any ideas ?

Well, this may not be of much help. But try re-applying your service pack, the
RPC locator and server services might have been reverted to an older version.

Quote:>    Ronen

1. problem in getting connected to MSSQL Server (6.5).

I need your help. I am facing problem in getting connected to MSSQL Server
(6.5). Whenever my program tries to access MSSQL, I see "connection failed"
error with the comment "SQL Server is unavailable or does not exists.
General Network error"

The MSSQL Server is installed locally on my m/c. I checked WINDOW NT
services where MSSQL Server was running. What could be the reason for that.

Thanks
Yogesh

Impetus Computing System Inc.
1900 McCarthy Blvd. #302
Milpitas CA - 95035
Ph.: 408-473-0790 x 209

2. (PDXJOBS) Need 2 to 5 yrs experience wit

3. does MSSQL 6.5 work with JDBC and servlets

4. xml between mssql servers

5. SQL Links error with working MSSQL Server 6.5

6. US-PA: West Chester-Business Liaison (Oracle Financials)

7. Getting SQL Server 6.5 to Work!

8. Is PreparedStatement bounded to the Connection object?

9. compare mssql 6.5 database and mssql 7.0 database

10. Administerring MsSQL 6.5 using EM from MSSQL 7.0?

11. set mssql 7.0 compatible to mssql 6.5?

12. Drop table error in MSSQL 6.5 and MSSQL 2000

13. upgrade of MSSQL 6.5 to MSSQL 2000