Simultaneous ODBC connections to the same source

Simultaneous ODBC connections to the same source

Post by Behzad Sadeg » Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble with ODBC SQL drivers. It appears
>that only one simultaneous ODBC session is allowed per data source. So
>says the ODBC driver anyway.

We were experiencing the same problem. In our case, it turned out that the
problem was that the database we were connecting to had been accidentally put
into the Single User mode. Once we reverted it back to multiple use, ODBC
had no problem establishing multiple connections.

1. Visual Basic 4.0 ODBC Source Connections Question

Sybase System ODBC:
        Is it necessary to establish 2 ODBC data sources to simultaneously
access 2 databases on the same SQL server using connection strings?  I
currently have to use the following.

Set dbProd = OpenDatabase("", False, False,
"ODBC;DSN=FSADSS;DB=dfsaglxx;
        UID=xxxxx;PWD=xxxxx")
Set dbBud = OpenDatabase("", False, True,
"ODBC;DSN=FSADSS2;DB=DBSbdgtxx;
        UID=xxxxx;PWD=xxxxx")

Note: I have to use ODBC data sources FSADSS and FSADSS2 to avoid
getting an
ODBC error (3146).  I think I was able to accomplish getting to the 2
databases
concurrently with just one datasource in VB3.

Thanks.
Kirk

2. works in 7.0 but not in sql 2000- please help

3. ODBC to VMS source; Connection not being dropped

4. How do I access items in TBookmarkList

5. search c++.net source with ODBC mysql connection

6. what is the best way in .asp

7. ODBC Connection error - Data Source Name not found and no default server specified

8. Error Could not add the table 'Select' Additional Info

9. Simultaneous Connections - new bie

10. Multiple, simultaneous transactions over single OCI connection

11. throughput and simultaneous connections

12. Two simultaneous connections to Informix DBs on different servers

13. Maximum simultaneous connections from SQL Server applications