Unable to reschedule package

Post by Dean Slinde » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 03:36:38

I had a package scheduled to run daily at midnight.  I changed the
checkboxes to reschedule it to run weekly, and then saved the changes.
However, upon redisplaying the same package again, it still is scheduled for
daily execution.  Why are the changes not being saved?

Thanks,
Dean S

Unable to reschedule package

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 04:41:44

Which version of SQL Server? and how exactly are you rescheduling? I'd
directly edit the job.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

I had a package scheduled to run daily at midnight.  I changed the
checkboxes to reschedule it to run weekly, and then saved the changes.
However, upon redisplaying the same package again, it still is scheduled for
daily execution.  Why are the changes not being saved?

Thanks,
Dean S

Unable to reschedule package

Post by Allan Mitchel » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:05:22

Hello, Dean!

How are you scheduling the Package ?

If you are right clicking on the package and saying "Schedule" then this
will create another SQL Server Agent job not alter the one you did
previously.

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

: I had a package scheduled to run daily at midnight.  I changed the
: checkboxes to reschedule it to run weekly, and then saved the changes.
: However, upon redisplaying the same package again, it still is scheduled
for
: daily execution.  Why are the changes not being saved?

: Thanks,
: Dean S

      ---  Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.3663.0

Unable to reschedule package

Post by Dean Slinde » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:39:59

Yes, that is what I am doing.  So, what is the navigation
to actually bring up an existing package and change the
scheduling on it?
Thanks,
Dean Slindee
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello, Dean!

>How are you scheduling the Package ?

>If you are right clicking on the package and

saying "Schedule" then this
Quote:>will create another SQL Server Agent job not alter the
one you did
>previously.

>--

>Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
>MCSE,MCDBA
>www.SQLDTS.com
>I support PASS - the definitive, global community
>for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org

>: I had a package scheduled to run daily at midnight.  I
changed the
>: checkboxes to reschedule it to run weekly, and then
saved the changes.
>: However, upon redisplaying the same package again, it
still is scheduled
>for
>: daily execution.  Why are the changes not being saved?

>: Thanks,
>: Dean S

>      ---  Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.3663.0

>.

Unable to reschedule package

Post by Bill Cheng [MSF » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:37:11

Hi Dean,

As Allan mentioned, if you are right clicking on the package and saying
"Schedule" then thiswill create another SQL Server Agent job not alter the
one you did previously.

To actually change the schedule of the job previously created, you would go
to Management | SQL Server Agent | Jobs in Enterprise Manager, locate the
job, open its Properties dialog, change the schedule on the Schedules tab.
When you right-click and schedule the package, you would see a "Job name"
field.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

Quote:| >-----Original Message-----
| >Hello, Dean!
| >
| >How are you scheduling the Package ?
| >
| >If you are right clicking on the package and
| saying "Schedule" then this
| >will create another SQL Server Agent job not alter the
| one you did
| >previously.
| >
| >--
| >
| >Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
| >MCSE,MCDBA
| >www.SQLDTS.com
| >I support PASS - the definitive, global community
| >for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org
| >
| >: I had a package scheduled to run daily at midnight.  I
| changed the
| >: checkboxes to reschedule it to run weekly, and then
| saved the changes.
| >: However, upon redisplaying the same package again, it
| still is scheduled
| >for
| >: daily execution.  Why are the changes not being saved?
| >
| >: Thanks,
| >: Dean S
| >
| >      ---  Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.3663.0
| >

| >.

Unable to reschedule package

Post by Allan Mitchel » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:02:27

Hello, Dean!

Go to

Management | SQL Server Agent | Jobs.

In the right hand pane you will see a list of jobs and there should one
there with the name of you DTS Package.

Double click on it and go to the 3rd tab (Schedules) Double click what
should be the only line in there.  Click change

Everything will become apparent

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
www.SQLDTS.com
I support PASS - the definitive, global community

: Yes, that is what I am doing.  So, what is the navigation
: to actually bring up an existing package and change the
: scheduling on it?
: Thanks,
: Dean Slindee

Quote:??>> -----Original Message-----
??>> Hello, Dean!
??>>
??>> How are you scheduling the Package ?
??>>
??>> If you are right clicking on the package and
: saying "Schedule" then this
??>> will create another SQL Server Agent job not alter the
: one you did
??>> previously.
??>>
??>> --
??>>
[...]
      ---  Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

1. Rescheduling a job through ActiveX

I've written a DTS package that uses the FileSystemObject to check for the
existance of a file before starting its main table loading process.  The
files are FTP'ed to the directory sometime between midnight and 2 AM.
Here's what I want to do:  If the file isn't there, I want to use the
schedule object to change the ActiveStartTimeOfDay property to 30 minutes
later.  I'm a semi-novice VBScript programmer so I'm having trouble with the
code to get the object for that particular job and change the start time.
Can anyone help me with this?  If I'm heading off in the wrong direction,
let me know.

Thanks,
Tom Schuettke

2. Indexes Required for this search

3. ADO to reschedule SQL job

4. XA and JDBC

5. Please reschedule the PDC

6. MS-SQL Server has a terrible bug

7. Reschedule SQL Agent Job As SQL Agent Task

8. Does mm.mysql support SCROLL_SENSITVE ResultSets?

9. Dynamic job rescheduling

10. Failed Scheduled DTS task Does Not Reschedule

11. Anyway To Reschedule A Current DTS Job?

12. Unable to save a DTS Package

13. Unable to save DTS packages