Diagrams of Relationships among Different database

Diagrams of Relationships among Different database

Post by Slim » Fri, 10 May 2002 01:23:51

Hello, personal.
I possess two databases, Financial and Sales, that will call. In SQL grows
up the relationships (diagrams) for the tables, however the ones that are in
the same database. Is it possible to create diagrams when the tables are in
different database?

Diagrams of Relationships among Different database

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Fri, 10 May 2002 02:20:18

You can't create foreign key relationships across databases. So, you can't
link tables from different databases in a diagram.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:

> Hello, personal.
> I possess two databases, Financial and Sales, that will call. In SQL grows
> up the relationships (diagrams) for the tables, however the ones that are
in
> the same database. Is it possible to create diagrams when the tables are
in
> different database?

1. help on building up relationships among different tables

Hi Folks,

We have a database composed of 20 tables. Some tables have foreign keys
from some other tables. Since we used ACCESS2000 before we switch to
Oracle, we know that in ACCESS we can just drag the key in one table which
is a foreign key to the table in which it is the primary key in the
relationship window in access. We want to know if Oracle has similar
method of building the relationship among all the tables. The method that
we are now thinking is to use triggers, however, the boss said it's a
walk-around. He supposed there should be simliar way as access in Oracle
to do that. The deadline is coming, we really need help. Thanks a lot for
your kind help.

With best regards,
Kai

2. Database locking in ADO

3. Data migration among different databases

4. TDBGrid Question...

5. visual diagram of relations among SQL server's system tables

6. - Oracle Financials Application Programmer Analyst- Portland, Oregon:: jw005169

7. Visual Relationships in Database Diagram

8. VB5 and ADO - - What's the latest??

9. Entity Relationship Diagram - database design problem

10. Cross database relationship - Diagram or trigger?

11. MS Northwind database Entity relationship diagram,

12. Exporting SQL Database Relationship diagram

13. Database Diagram Relationships Disappear