Unspecified Error in query Designer

Post by PS » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:51:45

Hi ,
Can someone help me, I am getting an unspecified error when I try to open
the tables return- all rows form enterprise manager .When I right click on
table and select open table- return all rows .Gives me following message
"An unexpected error happened during this operation.
[Query]-Query Designer encountered a query error:Unexpected error"
No data is displayed .
What can be a fix for this please help.

Pranali

Unspecified Error in query Designer

Post by BP Margoli » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:04:24

Pranli,

Please ALWAYS post the version of SQL Server you are using.

If memory serves me correct, this happens only on SQL Server 7.0. What
**sometimes** worked was to simply reboot the workstation on which
Enterprise Manager is running. DO NOT REBOOT the server. This is not a
server problem, it's related strictly to the .dll's on the workstation!

If that's doesn't work, try applying the latest service pack (SP4) for SQL
Server 7.0 to your workstation ... again, to your workstation! Service packs
can contain fixes to not only the SQL Server database engine, but to the
client utilities as well.

You can download SQL Server 7.0 SP4 from:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/sp4.asp

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> Hi ,