Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

Post by Roger S?derma » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:45:09

Hi,
I am a web developer and i have been given the task to
test the new Windows Server 2003 RC2 Web Edition to be
used within out corporation. One of tests is to use SQL
server on that platform.
My question is: Can that be done?
I have tried to install every version of SQL server 2000,
but the installation wizard fails to start up. Are there
any way to solve this?

Thanks for any replies.

/Roger

Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

Post by Jasper Smit » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 04:24:39

I'm unsure about RC2 but RC1 Web Edition didn't allow installing
any SQL Server components (not even client tools). I believe that
in RC2 you also cannot install the server components. You need to
use Standard or Enterprise Edition. You can of course (AFAIK)
run websites that access SQL Server on separate servers.

--
HTH

Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> Hi,
> I am a web developer and i have been given the task to
> test the new Windows Server 2003 RC2 Web Edition to be
> used within out corporation. One of tests is to use SQL
> server on that platform.
> My question is: Can that be done?
> I have tried to install every version of SQL server 2000,
> but the installation wizard fails to start up. Are there
> any way to solve this?

> Thanks for any replies.

> /Roger

1. Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

I'm testing the Windows 2003 Web Edtion RTM release for the company I
work for. But I can't install MS SQL Server 2000 Entreprise Edition on
this release...

I read on the MS website that SQL Server 2000 SP3 will work on Windows
2003 server... but I can't install the base version.

Does the Web Edition support SQL Server ENT?? I tried previously the
Entreprise Edtion of SQL 2000 and it installed successfully.

2. Openlink Informix Excel VBA rpc error

3. Problems installing SQL Server 2000 on Win 2003 (Web Edition)

4. Archiving Database?

5. sql server 2000 and windows 2003 web edition

6. Star Schema query question....

7. Sql server 2000 dev on Windows 2003 Web Edition

8. Q on concepts of instances and mutliple databases on the same server

9. Can I install SQL 2000 on Windows 2003 Web edition

10. Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

11. Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

12. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003

13. SQL/MSDE admin on Windows 2003 Server - Web edition