inconsistent metadata error

Post by Bria » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 01:40:43

I am importing data from a SQL 7 server to a SQL 7 server and every thing
was working fine until a change was made at the origin server. and now I get
"Server: Msg 7353, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' supplied inconsistent metadata. An extra column
was supplied during execution that was not found at compile time."
I can run the exact same query locally but not remotely.  Passwords and
permissions triple checked and are ok.
Anybody seen this before?
Thanks Brian

inconsistent metadata error

Post by yan wang [M » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:13:53

Hi Brian,
This seems to be a known issue fixed by SQL7.0 SP2.  You need to apply sp2
on both SQL Servers.  Also, make sure you have  manually run the
Instcat.sql file, which comes with SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 2

You may refer to PRB: Some SQL Server 7.0 SP 2 Updates Must be Added
Manually  [sqlserver]
ID: Q266337 for details.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q266337

Regards,
Yan
***This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights.*****

1. inconsistent metadata error

I have a particular SQL7 box running NT4SP6 and I am trying to run a query from
an ODBC linked Sybase System 11 database.  However, whenever I try to run a
select statement it comes back with the error: "OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL'
supplied inconsistent metadata for a column.  Metadata information was changed
at execution time."

I researched this error and have found that it occurs when you link a SQL6.5
server if you don't run the INSTCAT.SQL that comes with SQL7 on it.  However, I
do not think that is an option on the Sybase server seeing as how they use
different system objects.

I don't have any problems writing DTS packages between the servers but DTS is
going to be much more cumbersome than just linking for me.  Anyone know where I
could get a native Sybase OLEDB provider for SQL7 similar to the Oracle one
that SQL7 comes with?  Any help appreciated, thanks.

Charles Sanders
DBA

2. SSJS and Lasso with FileMaker 5 : help

3. HELP!!! Inconsistent Metadata error...

4. Has anyone installed Oracle 6.0 on Dell 486 (AT&T Unix SysV R4)

5. Error - inconsistent metadata

6. Deadlock timeouts

7. inconsistent metadata

8. Groupwise and SQL Server

9. Msg. 7353 - inconsistent metadata

10. SQL7 Linked Server - Inconsistent Metadata

11. Inconsistent Metadata on Linked Server Query