1. SQL2000: Can't connect in enterprise mgr: SSL Security Error
I'm running Win2k server with Certificate services and SQL 2000 (std). I
had problems installing, and I found (with the help of MS and someone
bugging MS) that the problem involved the existence of a personal
certificate in the local system personal certificate store. I exported
the certificate, deleted it, installed SQL2000 with success, then restored
Now, when I go to enterprise manager, I get a very similar error when trying
to connect to this server.
/!\ A connection could not be established to JARACO.
Reason: SSL Security error
Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server
registration propertios( by right-clicking on the JARACO node) and try
_____ [ OK ]
Of course, the registration properties are correct. I've only enabled
Windows authentication, so I can't try SQL authentication. I was able to
get it to work by doing the following:
1) Uninstall Cert services
2) Delete the personal certificates in the current user and local systems
store (including the cert services cert)
3) Install 128-bit encryption.
Until I did all three steps, I couldn't connect to the server. I thought it
was just a 128-bit encryption issue, so I reinstalled the certiface
services, and I can't connect again. Same error.
I don't see anything about this in the newsgroups or the knowledge base. It
seems like it would be a common problem, since it involves certificate
services... but alas, I see no help.
Does anyone know the root cause of this problem? Is it a known issue
that'll be fixed in a SP? If so, I'll just hang loose until it's fixed.
This isn't a critical system, but I do need SQL Server to run on it
Thanks for any insight.
2. Speed between ODBC and Embbded SQL
3. Testing new security patch on Win2K/SQL2000
4. Counting Unique Values in Filemaker 3.0
5. Security Setup in SQL2000
6. Sybase in the news
7. Empty Cells with Dimension Security - SQL2000
8. Database.Close method question???
9. Security sql2000
10. SQL 7.0 security path similar to MS02-061 for SQL2000
11. Security sql2000
12. Security in SQL2000
13. SQL2000 Getting 7391 error for Distrubuted transaction Query(linked Server concept of SQL2000 Server