SQL2000 Security ??

SQL2000 Security ??

Post by KA Kue » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:05:17



Dear all,

I have some ASP pages that access SQL2000 and would like to use Windows NT
login username and password to access the database. Is this is possible ?
If so how?  I am getting this error "not associated with a trusted SQL" but
got in when I use SQL login username.  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.

 
 
 

SQL2000 Security ??

Post by Wayne Snyde » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:49:01


Make sure your server is configured for Windows AND SQL server security...
In SEM, right click your servername, go to properties, then security tab.
You can see and change it there.

--
Wayne Snyder SQL Server MVP
IKON Education Services, C*te, NC
(Please Respond to newsgroups)
I proudly support the PASS SQL Server user community and its upcoming user
event,
PASS 2001 North America.
For details, visit <http://www.veryComputer.com/> www.sqlpass.org.)

 
 
 

SQL2000 Security ??

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 23:42:14


Wayne, I guess Kueh wants to connect to SQL Server from ASP using Windows
authentication. If so, you should check out
http://www.veryComputer.com/
--
HTH,
Vyas
SQL Server FAQ, articles, code samples,

http://www.veryComputer.com/


Quote:> Make sure your server is configured for Windows AND SQL server security...
> In SEM, right click your servername, go to properties, then security tab.
> You can see and change it there.

> --
> Wayne Snyder SQL Server MVP
> IKON Education Services, C*te, NC
> (Please Respond to newsgroups)
> I proudly support the PASS SQL Server user community and its upcoming user
> event,
> PASS 2001 North America.
> For details, visit <http://www.veryComputer.com/> www.sqlpass.org.)

 
 
 

SQL2000 Security ??

Post by KA Kue » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:12:28


Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I have another question.  Have you done the access
via SOAP?  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.



> Wayne, I guess Kueh wants to connect to SQL Server from ASP using Windows
> authentication. If so, you should check out
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas
> SQL Server FAQ, articles, code samples,

> http://www.veryComputer.com/



> > Make sure your server is configured for Windows AND SQL server
security...
> > In SEM, right click your servername, go to properties, then security
tab.
> > You can see and change it there.

> > --
> > Wayne Snyder SQL Server MVP
> > IKON Education Services, C*te, NC
> > (Please Respond to newsgroups)
> > I proudly support the PASS SQL Server user community and its upcoming
user
> > event,
> > PASS 2001 North America.
> > For details, visit <http://www.veryComputer.com/> www.sqlpass.org.)

 
 
 

SQL2000 Security ??

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:26:52


Haven't tried it yet.
--
HTH,
Vyas
SQL Server FAQ, articles, code samples,

http://www.veryComputer.com/


> Hi,

> Thanks for the reply.  I have another question.  Have you done the access
> via SOAP?  Thanks.

> Regards,
> Kueh.



> > Wayne, I guess Kueh wants to connect to SQL Server from ASP using
Windows
> > authentication. If so, you should check out
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas
> > SQL Server FAQ, articles, code samples,

> > http://www.veryComputer.com/



> > > Make sure your server is configured for Windows AND SQL server
> security...
> > > In SEM, right click your servername, go to properties, then security
> tab.
> > > You can see and change it there.

> > > --
> > > Wayne Snyder SQL Server MVP
> > > IKON Education Services, C*te, NC
> > > (Please Respond to newsgroups)
> > > I proudly support the PASS SQL Server user community and its upcoming
> user
> > > event,
> > > PASS 2001 North America.
> > > For details, visit <http://www.veryComputer.com/> www.sqlpass.org.)

 
 
 

1. SQL2000: Can't connect in enterprise mgr: SSL Security Error

I'm running Win2k server with Certificate services and SQL 2000 (std).  I
had problems installing, and I found (with the help of MS and someone
bugging MS) that the problem involved the existence of a personal
certificate in the local system personal certificate store.    I exported
the certificate, deleted it, installed SQL2000 with success, then restored
the certificate.

Now, when I go to enterprise manager, I get a very similar error when trying
to connect to this server.
____
/!\    A connection could not be established to JARACO.

        Reason: SSL Security error
        ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake())..

        Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server
registration propertios( by right-clicking on the JARACO node) and try
again.

_____       [ OK ]

Of course, the registration properties are correct.  I've only enabled
Windows authentication, so I can't try SQL authentication.  I was able to
get it to work by doing the following:
1) Uninstall Cert services
2) Delete the personal certificates in the current user and local systems
store (including the cert services cert)
3) Install 128-bit encryption.

Until I did all three steps, I couldn't connect to the server.  I thought it
was just a 128-bit encryption issue, so I reinstalled the certiface
services, and I can't connect again.  Same error.

I don't see anything about this in the newsgroups or the knowledge base.  It
seems like it would be a common problem, since it involves certificate
services... but alas, I see no help.

Does anyone know the root cause of this problem?  Is it a known issue
that'll be fixed in a SP?  If so, I'll just hang loose until it's fixed.
This isn't a critical system, but I do need SQL Server to run on it
eventually.

Thanks for any insight.

Jason

2. Speed between ODBC and Embbded SQL

3. Testing new security patch on Win2K/SQL2000

4. Counting Unique Values in Filemaker 3.0

5. Security Setup in SQL2000

6. Sybase in the news

7. Empty Cells with Dimension Security - SQL2000

8. Database.Close method question???

9. Security sql2000

10. SQL 7.0 security path similar to MS02-061 for SQL2000

11. Security sql2000

12. Security in SQL2000

13. SQL2000 Getting 7391 error for Distrubuted transaction Query(linked Server concept of SQL2000 Server