Restore Database terminated abnormally

Post by Silvi » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 14:19:22

When I was restoring a sql 7 database using a backup file (damaged) from a
different sql 7 server,  the restoring operation was terminated abnormally
and left the database  in "loading" status. After I manually removed the
physical database files (mdf & _log.ldf file), I was able to create a empty
database with the same name. As I attempt to restore this database with a
new backup file ,the server gives this message " Microsoft SQL-DMO ODBC  SQL
State42000: An internal consistency error occurred. Backup or Restore
operation terminating abnormally"

What's the next step?

Thanks

1. Restore database is terminating abnormally

We have a 2 node SQL server 2000 sp2 cluster and I have
tryed to restore a database.  For some reason, the file
that was backed up the evening befor can<t be found.  Here
are the error messages:

Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)
Cannot open backup device 'L:\SQLdata\MSSQL\BACKUP\VNBU0-
1580-1612'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL
Server error log for more details.  RESTORE DATABASE is
terminating abnormally.

In SQL log:
BackupDiskFile::OpenMedia: Backup
device 'L:\SQLData\MSSQL\BACKUP\VNBU0-1580-1612' failed to
open. Operating system error=2(The system cannot find the
file specified.)

I I create a new device on the same drive and do a
backup.  I am then able to do a restore.

HELP !!!!!

Christian

2. ADO connection???

3. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally

4. ALTER TABLE Statement

5. "Restore operation terminating abnormally"

6. conn servlets to database via jdbc

7. RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally

8. KY-Frankfort-269714--ORACLE-REMEDY-Oracle Consultant

9. Error 945 Backup or restore operation terminated abnormally

10. SQLMerge creates orphaned processes if terminated abnormally

11. Backup terminating abnormally

12. process has been terminated abnormally. SQLSTATE=38503