DISK REINIT and DISK REFIT

Post by android.. » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

I used the following query trying to reinitialize my database. I got
error.  Could anyone show me the exact way to bring back the DAT live?

disk reinit
name = 'CLIENTDATA',
physname = 'c:\mssql\data\CLIENTDATA.dat',
vdevno = 3,
size = 102400

00/05/05 11:02:47.12 kernel   udopen: operating system error 32(The
process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process.) during the creation/opening of physical device
c:\mssql\data\clientdata.dat

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

DISK REINIT and DISK REFIT

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

 This is correct.  Use nthandle from www.sysinternals.com to show you what has
the file open.

 > I used the following query trying to reinitialize my database. I got

Quote:> error.  Could anyone show me the exact way to bring back the DAT live?

> disk reinit
> name = 'CLIENTDATA',
> physname = 'c:\mssql\data\CLIENTDATA.dat',
> vdevno = 3,
> size = 102400

> 00/05/05 11:02:47.12 kernel   udopen: operating system error 32(The
> process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
> process.) during the creation/opening of physical device
> c:\mssql\data\clientdata.dat

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. Problem with DISK REINIT and DISK REFIT

Hi all,

i just restored a database from the .dat files using DISK REINIT and
DISK REFIT as described in BOL.
The strange thing is that while the database seems to have been
restored perfectly, dbcc checkdb now reports that log and data are no
longer on separate devices.
But we originally created separate devices for data and log, and
sp_helpdevice indeed shows two separate devices (.dat files) for this
database. We also did two separate DISK REINIT for each .dat file,
using different device numbers.

Is this normal, or have i overlooked something?

We are using the German versions of Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6a, and SQL
Server 6.5 SP5a.

TIA, Christoph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Copia AccSys library

3. Please help , DISK REINIT AND DISK REFIT

4. SPL Question

5. Correct sequence of SS 6.5 DISK REINIT AND DISK REFIT commands

6. best way to have a standby database?

7. SQL 6.5 DISK REINIT & DISK REFIT

8. ODBC Warning help!

9. sql 65's DISK REINIT AND DISK REFIT ??????HELP!

10. Using DISK REINIT/REFIT

11. DISK REINIT, REFIT Problem

12. DISK REINIT/REFIT SQL 6.5

13. DISK REINIT, REFIT Problem