ActiveX component can't create object

Post by Piyo » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:07:53

I encountered ActiveX component can't create object. my platform is Pocket
PC2002 Emulator.
Do I need to load anything to Emulator before I run the application?

Private Sub configurereplicationobject(oRep As SSCE.Replication, sServer)

Set oRep = CreateObject("SSCE.Replication.1.0")

oRep.InternetURL = "http://" & sServer & "/sscePubs/sscesa10.dll"

     oRep.Publisher = "BBNT1"
     oRep.PublisherDatabase = "mobilebase"
     oRep.Publication = "mobilebase"
     oRep.PublisherSecurityMode = NT_AUTHENTICATION

     oRep.SubscriberConnectionString = _
       "data source=\BMRepl.sdf"
     oRep.Subscriber = "BM #1"
End Sub

regards

Piyob

ActiveX component can't create object

Post by Baccari » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:18:18

Piyob,

1. To run SSCE in Pocket PC 2002 Emulator, you need to download  SSCE SP1
from MS Web Site

2. After installing SSCE/SSCE SP1, try to find dllregister.exe utility to
register all SSCE components (you can find more info in SSCE Help).

Baccarin.

Quote:> I encountered ActiveX component can't create object. my platform is Pocket
> PC2002 Emulator.
> Do I need to load anything to Emulator before I run the application?

> Private Sub configurereplicationobject(oRep As SSCE.Replication, sServer)

> Set oRep = CreateObject("SSCE.Replication.1.0")

> oRep.InternetURL = "http://" & sServer & "/sscePubs/sscesa10.dll"

>      oRep.Publisher = "BBNT1"
>      oRep.PublisherDatabase = "mobilebase"
>      oRep.Publication = "mobilebase"
>      oRep.PublisherSecurityMode = NT_AUTHENTICATION

>      oRep.SubscriberConnectionString = _
>        "data source=\BMRepl.sdf"
>      oRep.Subscriber = "BM #1"
> End Sub

> regards

> Piyob

ActiveX component can't create object

Post by Piyo » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:58:52

How do we ensure that we are using ssce with service pack1.  I installed it
and before it installs, it asks to remove previous installation of ssce1.1.
I have the wizard done the job, is that correct.

Piyob.

> Piyob,

> 1. To run SSCE in Pocket PC 2002 Emulator, you need to download  SSCE SP1
> from MS Web Site

> 2. After installing SSCE/SSCE SP1, try to find dllregister.exe utility to
> register all SSCE components (you can find more info in SSCE Help).

> Baccarin.

> > I encountered ActiveX component can't create object. my platform is
Pocket
> > PC2002 Emulator.
> > Do I need to load anything to Emulator before I run the application?

> > Private Sub configurereplicationobject(oRep As SSCE.Replication,
sServer)

> > Set oRep = CreateObject("SSCE.Replication.1.0")

> > oRep.InternetURL = "http://" & sServer & "/sscePubs/sscesa10.dll"

> >      oRep.Publisher = "BBNT1"
> >      oRep.PublisherDatabase = "mobilebase"
> >      oRep.Publication = "mobilebase"
> >      oRep.PublisherSecurityMode = NT_AUTHENTICATION

> >      oRep.SubscriberConnectionString = _
> >        "data source=\BMRepl.sdf"
> >      oRep.Subscriber = "BM #1"
> > End Sub

> > regards

> > Piyob

1. Activex component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error

Dear Friends

In VB5, In Project Menu if I select 'Add ActiveX Designer->Microsoft
User Connection' it gives me the message 'Unable to obtain an
rdoEnvironment object'. I have enabled Microsoft Remote Data object 2.0
in References. What is causing this?.

I Register the MSRDO20.DLL but problem still exist.

Alternative mathod I tried is.

gbluserconnection declared as rdouserconnection in class module as
global.

gbluserconnection.connect = "uid=;pwd=;'DSN=GnMembers;"
                 .cursordriver=rduseodbc
gbluserconnection.establishconnection

I tried alternative to connect backend through coding. Again that gives
another Error ie. Activex component can't create object or return
reference to this object (Error no: 429).

When I saw help for that problem they said the corresponding dll may not
be proberly register or the corresponding licensed file may be missing.

Actually in my system no file with extension of *.lic.

For myself I have found one difference is.

Vb5 is working without above problem in one computer where the harddisk
is Partitioned to below or equal to 2gb(ie FAT 16)

Vb5 is working with above problem in one computer where the harddisk is
Partitioned to above 2gb(ie FAT 32).

I don't think that partition will make any diffrence. but I saw in  one
website one of the causes to the above problem is installed directory
should not be to long is it true? any relation with partition ?

Please help me to solve this problem by anyone.

Thanks in Advance

With regards
L.Palanivelrajan

http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.vb.database

2. Problem connecting via TC/IP from the Web

3. ActiveX component can't create object

4. Connect to Database without ODBC

5. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object when running DTS

6. Moving Devices

7. DTS-ASP---ActiveX component can't create object

8. Val Mazur

9. ActiveX component can't create object

10. ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

11. DTS Error - ActiveX component can't create object

12. DTS/ASP -- ActiveX component can't create object Error 429

13. Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object when running DTS