copy task failed when run by ASP

Post by Sam » Sun, 11 May 2003 19:40:44

To give you more details on the problem, I have created a dts package which
exports an excel file to sql server. Now this works fine in the dts designer
but when I try executing the package via ASP all of the copy tasks fail,
however the create table tasks work fine. After looking at the error log I
found the following error:

Step Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
Step Error Description:Could not lock file.
Step Error code: 80004005
Step Error Help File:
Step Error Help Context ID:5003050

I was told from my previous post that this might be a permission issue, but
I checked all the permissions I have, and found nothing to stop this from
executing. I am trying to find out how this export process works. Does the
data get stored in a temp folder and then copied into the tables or
something else. Appreciate any help!

Sam

copy task failed when run by ASP

Post by Sam » Sun, 11 May 2003 20:39:47

For anyone who is interested. It did turn out to be a permission issue, as
the directory that contains the source file didn't have the appropriate
permissions. I didn't know that the source path also needed the specified
permissions.

Regards

Sam

Quote:> To give you more details on the problem, I have created a dts package
which
> exports an excel file to sql server. Now this works fine in the dts
designer
> but when I try executing the package via ASP all of the copy tasks fail,
> however the create table tasks work fine. After looking at the error log I
> found the following error:

> Step Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
> Step Error Description:Could not lock file.
> Step Error code: 80004005
> Step Error Help File:
> Step Error Help Context ID:5003050

> I was told from my previous post that this might be a permission issue,
but
> I checked all the permissions I have, and found nothing to stop this from
> executing. I am trying to find out how this export process works. Does the
> data get stored in a temp folder and then copied into the tables or
> something else. Appreciate any help!

> Sam

1. DTS failing with copy sql server objects task.

I am trying to make a simple copy of a database on the
same server via DTS. I created a local package and set up
a SQL Server Copy Objects Task to copy a database to
another on the same server. When I executed the task, it
gave me an error stating that:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL server]Windows NT
user or group 'DOMAIN/admin1' not found. Check the name
again.

It is apparently trying to use this user to either get the
data or create some files and that this user no longer
exists and therefore it fails. My question is, where is it
trying to get this user information from and where can I
change it??
Sorry I am new at this, thank you for all your help,
Adnan.

2. Sql server 7.0 and Access2000

3. Copy SQL Server Objects task hangs on scheduled DTS run

4. issuing "MS Access" reports through MSVC

5. DTS Script Task failing to run correctly

6. Error codes for DMO?

7. CmdExec tasks fail to run from scheduler for non SA

8. When to use AdoCommand?

9. Dts Package That has a mail task - Run Ok By online fails when Scheduled

10. stored procedure fails through ASP, runs in Query Analyser, if cursor loops too long

11. Copy tasks in task manager ...

12. DTS Transform Data Task fails in job where DTS Execute SQL Task does not

13. Task Manager wrongly shows a task as failed