copy dtabase

Post by Sara » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:56:06

Rutu,

Please look into BACKUP/RESTORE in BOL.

hth
Sara.

copy dtabase

Post by Jim Hon » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:28:17

If you are using SQL Server 2000, you can use the Copy Database Wizard to do
this.  If you are using SQL7, you can either use Backup/Restore or
Detach/Attach.

Jim

How can I copy database from one server to other server(has the same
version).
The database has tables, sp-procedure and some users with diff. rights to
access
databse. I want everything which is with that database to other server.

copy dtabase

Post by Bobbi » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:29:33

I use Backup/Restore.  The only problem I usually encounter is with the
users/logins.  They break.  What I do is to have all of my rights assigned
to groups, and when I restore the database to the target server, I delete
and recreate the database users, associating them with the proper server
logins and database groups.

HTH,
- Rick