Help with profiler....

Post by Michell » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 00:30:36

Hi all,

(SQL2000 SP1/WIN NT 4 SP6a)

I need to identify the queries which take up more memory and I/O.In profiler
how do I set a filter for that ?

Also , how do I find  the buffer cache hit ratio ?

am a novice with profiler but did my homework with BOL..

Thanks for any help/advice...
Michelle Vileone.

Help with profiler....

Post by japlh » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 01:26:58

I'm not sure if there is anything on finding the amount of memory queries
take up.
You can find the read/write values in profiler. It's one of the "data
columns" that you can choose.

As to the buffer cache hit ratio, there is an event in Profiler under
"Stored Procedures" called "SP:CacheHit".
You can also use the Windows tool "Performance". There are a lot of counters
for SQL server. Take a look through them.
The "Buffer cache hit ratio" counter is under the Performance object
"SQLServer:Buffer Manager".

I hope this helps
Joe

Quote:> Hi all,

> (SQL2000 SP1/WIN NT 4 SP6a)

> I need to identify the queries which take up more memory and I/O.In
profiler
> how do I set a filter for that ?

> Also , how do I find  the buffer cache hit ratio ?

> am a novice with profiler but did my homework with BOL..

> Thanks for any help/advice...
> Michelle Vileone.

Help with profiler....

Post by raju girdh » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:14:23

Another source of resource utilization information ( CPU, physical_io,
memusage etc ) for SQL processes not specific queries can be "sysprocesses"
table.

Hope this helps.

Raju Girdher MCSE
SQL Support Engineer, Microsoft

Please reply only to newsgroups. When posting, please state the version of

error message text received, if any.

Disclaimer:
reserved.

1. Help in profiler

Hi Hari.

I'm not sure if this is really the cause of your problem, but there have
been changes in the behaviour of the SQL Profiler, particularly in relation
to SQL:BatchCompleted with SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 1.

You can read about the change to SQL:BatchCompleted in the SQL Server 2000
Service Pack 1 Fix List here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;286119

HTH

Regards,
Greg Linwood

"AIS_LETTER_SEARCH_PAGING"

2. Copy from dbGrid to Clipboard

3. Help with profiler

4. VB6 and MySQL

5. Need help with profiler tracing

6. can't update in DED with cursor location set to server-side

7. Profiler Question (Profiler Message)

8. DTS text file import changes dates format!!!

9. Puzzler: CPU time < SQL Profiler Profiler duration

10. Access Violation and profiler please help................

11. Help me) How to Use SQL Profiler

12. Profiler Error - 822 and 3617 Please Help.

13. Help using SQL Profiler