MS DTC PROBLEM (URGENT)

Post by Francis Jame » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

   I have multiple SQL (6.5) servers linked together.   Everytime I use
MSDTC to transfer my data, MSDTC doesn't respond for around 15 minutes,
and suddenly it wakes up and continues to work.

  Has somebody  encountered this problem? Does someone have a solution?

Thanks a lot.

MS DTC PROBLEM (URGENT)

Post by Gert Draper » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Do you have NT Service Pack 4 installed on ALL machines ? There are quite a
number of DTC / MTS timing fixes in NT4 SP4. If you have the install order
mixed up you rollback changes. So after installing SQL, install the NT 4
Option Pack and next NT4 SP4

-GertD