IP Address and SQL Server

Post by Francesc » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:48:43

I have a Server with two IP address, there is a way to associate a SQL
Server Instance to only one of these IPAddress ?

IP Address and SQL Server

Post by Anith Se » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:07:09

I guess you have to use the format <IP Address\InstanceName>
to identify a specific instance of SQL 2000

- Anith

Quote:> I have a Server with two IP address, there is a way to associate a SQL
> Server Instance to only one of these IPAddress ?

IP Address and SQL Server

Post by Andrew Joh » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:54:04

Francesco,

Or if it's more from a security point of view you are approaching this
then at the server side use Firewall software on the server to block the port on one IP address.

Regards
 AJ

> I guess you have to use the format <IP Address\InstanceName>
> to identify a specific instance of SQL 2000

> - Anith

> > I have a Server with two IP address, there is a way to associate a SQL
> > Server Instance to only one of these IPAddress ?

1. Passing IP address to sql server via SQL XML

Hi,

I need to pass the IP address of the requester to a stored procedure, so
in essence a template like this one

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-2'?>
<test xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
        <sql:header>
                <sql:get the ip somehow="ip"></sql:param>
        </sql:header>
        <sql:query>

        </sql:query>
</quotes>

would be required to pick up the ip information (how?) and pass it
along. Is this possible somehow or do I need an ASP page for this?

Generally, is it a good idea to use .asp pages instead of templates in
the virtual directory of sqlxml2? I have only tried the templates so far
and they work great for me.

Thanks for any info,

Regards

Willie

2. Upgrading single DB from 6.5 to 7.0

3. Change IP Address on SQL Server

4. same post as below different emai

5. Change IP address on SQL server machine

6. Any way around BDE Max. File Handles limitation?

7. How to get IP address of SQL server?

8. Starting from the beginning

9. Change IP address on SQL server

10. ip address changed, sql server won't start

11. Change the IP address for SQL server

12. If I change IP address on SQL server

13. Change IP Address for SQL Server