FK Replication failures

Post by SB » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

We have replication set up with a two tree model and just started
receiving the following error:

23000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]DELETE statement
conflicted with COLUMN REFERENCE constraint 'FKSic_Synonyms'. The
conflict occurred in database 'ABI', table 'Sic_Synonyms', column 'sic'

We have Trace Flag 8202 enabled on all servers to make the Logreader
replicate all UDPATE commands as
      DELETE/INSERT pairs at the subscriber.

We've had to drop our FK's on the subscribers, but is there a work
around for this?

Thanks in advance.

FK Replication failures

Post by Tony Rogerso » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

When you created the FK did you specify NOT FOR REPLICATION ???

--
Hope the above helps.

Tony Rogerson
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.

1. 23000 FK Replication failures.

We have replication set up with a two tree model and just started
receiving the following error:

23000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]DELETE statement
conflicted with COLUMN REFERENCE constraint 'FKSic_Synonyms'. The
conflict occurred in database 'ABI', table 'Sic_Synonyms', column 'sic'

We have Trace Flag 8202 enabled on all servers to make the Logreader
replicate all UDPATE commands as
      DELETE/INSERT pairs at the subscriber.

We've had to drop our FK's on the subscribers, but is there a work
around for this?
Should the trace flag only be enabled on Publishers, or does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

2. <none>

3. OCI string bound to VARCHAR2 - FK constraint failure

4. Query without MDX?

5. FK failures with Data Driven Query Task

6. cross-platform (mac/win) forms

7. To FK or not FK

8. PowerBuilder

9. FK constrains with replication

10. Toggle NOT FOR REPLICATION on FK?

11. How SQL Server handles FK reference for Identity columns in Replication

12. Merge Replication and PK/FK dri

13. Transactional replication- distributor removes FK constraints