MSSQL_connect from PHP on linux

Post by b?n » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi, i'm working on some php pages on a linux/apache server, and need to
connect to a MS SQL server. Can someone tell me exactly what to do?

Bj?rn Nordlund

MSSQL_connect from PHP on linux

Post by Mike » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

learn php.
read the mysql documentation.

go to http://www.evilwalrus.com or something like that to see some
sample PHP scripts that connecto to a mysql database

good luck

Quote:> Hi, i'm working on some php pages on a linux/apache server, and need to
> connect to a MS SQL server. Can someone tell me exactly what to do?

> Bj?rn Nordlund

1. connecting to SQL Server 7 from Linux / Apache / PHP

Hi there!

Just wondering how people are connecting to SQL 7 from a Linux web server.
Is there anybody out there successfully running a stable system using
Easysoft's ODBC to ODBC bridge?  Is it possible to connect to SQL 7 using
Openlink's data access software?

I'm running Apache 1.3.9 with PHP 4 Beta 3 on a RedHat Linux 6.0 box
connecting to an NT 4 / SQL Server 7 box.  I'm using Easysoft's ODBC to ODBC
bridge (beta 0.8.0.0) as my middleware, but I'm currently having problems
establishing persistent connections using odbc_pconnect.  When I use
odbc_pconnect, it works for a couple of hours, but then it starts failing to
recognize the connection identifier that it returns.  However, I then change
over to odbc_connect, and it works fine (albeit slower...).  I was wondering
if anybody had any idea what the problem might be, and what I might do to
solve it...

I know if I moved to a Linux database, I wouldn't have any of these
middleware problems, but I'm loathe to give up SQL Server 7.  Are there any
native Linux databases that come close to the user-friendliness of SQL 7?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

2. Simple, yet aggravating, problem with creating Interbase databases.

3. Linux PHP + MS SQL Server?

4. Pictures into SQLSErver6 from VB

5. linux/php to Sql Server 2000

6. ADO UpdateBatch on left join records

7. access via linux-apache-php

8. transfer Oracle DB to SQL

9. Migration - Linux/pgSQL/PHP (type,version)

10. PhP + Oraclei8.6.1 Linux

11. 8i, Linux and PHP

12. Oracle and PHP on a Linux server with Apache