error CONNECTION FAILED ( CONNECTION OPEN (CREATEDFILE())

error CONNECTION FAILED ( CONNECTION OPEN (CREATEDFILE())

Post by Benoit Audett » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:29:14

i have this error when i try to register a new sql server. I use a win2k sp2
server with sql7.0 and i try to connect this server to a win nt 4 sp6a with
sql7.0. I can connect the win tn 4 to win2k but not the other way

error CONNECTION FAILED ( CONNECTION OPEN (CREATEDFILE())

Post by oj » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:38:57

benoit,

it's probably the name resolution failed on win2k box.

-connect to nt4 via IP
or
-create an entry in your hosts file to resolve nt4 machine to ip
-connect via computername

-oj

Quote:> i have this error when i try to register a new sql server. I use a win2k
sp2
> server with sql7.0 and i try to connect this server to a win nt 4 sp6a
with
> sql7.0. I can connect the win tn 4 to win2k but not the other way

error CONNECTION FAILED ( CONNECTION OPEN (CREATEDFILE())

Post by Benoit Audett » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:34:50

i tried this but no change.... i need help. I can connect to one sql server
now i need to connect to the 3 others. I don't know why I can connect to one
of them and not all of them because it're the same version with the same
config.etc... why???

> benoit,

> it's probably the name resolution failed on win2k box.

> -connect to nt4 via IP
> or
> -create an entry in your hosts file to resolve nt4 machine to ip
> -connect via computername

> -oj

> > i have this error when i try to register a new sql server. I use a win2k
> sp2
> > server with sql7.0 and i try to connect this server to a win nt 4 sp6a
> with
> > sql7.0. I can connect the win tn 4 to win2k but not the other way

error CONNECTION FAILED ( CONNECTION OPEN (CREATEDFILE())

Post by Dwayne Lanclos [M » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:36:10

The version of Windows has nothing to do with it.  What net libraries are
your individual SQL Servers listening on?  (You can get this information
from the SQL errorlog or the Server Network Utility.)  What net libraries
are in the Client Network Utility on the machine where you have the
Enterprise Manager on which you are trying to register the other servers?

------
Dwayne Lanclos
Microsoft SQL Server Support

When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

--------------------

> i have this error when i try to register a new sql server. I use a win2k
sp2
> server with sql7.0 and i try to connect this server to a win nt 4 sp6a
with
> sql7.0. I can connect the win tn 4 to win2k but not the other way

1. Ers: Connection Failed, Connection Read, Connection Write

I am suddenly getting lots of these errors from people in our remote office
connecting through a dedicated T-1 circuit(s) to our server.

They use ADO, the connection string explicitly declares TCP/IP as the
connection type (NTL=TCPIP).

Everything else about our network is working fine.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionWrite (send())

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]ConnectionRead (rcvd))

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link failure

2. PostgreSQL API for JAVA ??

3. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

4. Corrupted Database

5. ?? want to move from Access 7 to SQL 6.5

6. TCP/IP Connection to SQL fails/Connection Pooling

7. Encrypted Passwords

8. Hanging connections from a failed update or insert (connection pooling)

9. Connection fails due to: invalid connection string attribute (01S00)

10. ADO connection passed to a DLL fails to maintain valid connection

11. SqlServer client connections hang, new connections fail

12. SQL Server connections not closing when Access connection also open