Creating a Fact Located in a Dimension Table

Creating a Fact Located in a Dimension Table

Post by Dennis Redfiel » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:44:48

You have a column which is both afact AND a dimension?  Could you share with
us what this strange beast might be?.....

Quote:> TIA for any and all help.

> I have a dimension that has a numeric column that I want to have be both
an
> attirbute of the dimension and a fact.

> Is there a way using MDX to create a calculated member that sums a field
> from a table that is a dimension? Are there other ways of doing this?

1. How to create private dimension on fact table?

In Analysis Services (vs. OLAP Services), selecting the fact table for
creating a (private-to-the-cube) dimension results in an aliased
instance of the fact table getting added to the schema (this is
presumably to get around the limitation in OLAP Services that only 1
instance of any table can appear in the schema). This extra instance
cannot be removed without removing the private dimension. Is there any
way to do this?

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Please help me !!!

3. Fact table and Dimension table from distinct database???

4. select with inner join

5. joints between the fact table and the dimension table

6. Installing SQL Client In Win9x

7. Cube Editor: Multiple Fact Table links to same Dimension Table

8. Urgent : Oracle doesnt return error!!??

9. Splitting monthly fact tables and daily fact tables into separate databases

10. slowly changing dimension in a fact table

11. star schema: fact and dimension tables

12. Fact with Multiple Values in Dimension Table

13. Index on fact table and dimensions