Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup Information File

Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup Information File

Post by hWinMai » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:37:36

I'm trying to replicate SQL Server 2000 database with Access 2000
database. The database is protected by a workgroup information file.

I consulted the help file and did the following.

I created a new subscriber using the type "Microsoft Jet 4.0 database
(Microsoft Access)" but this type does not allow me to choose the
workgroup information file(mdw) file for the database. Because of this,
SQL Server could not open the database as it is protected.

I then tried creating subscriber with "ODBC data source" type. I
successfully added a system DSN to the database with the correct
workgroup information file(mdw) but it could not be seen in the Push
Subscription Wizard.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup Information File

Post by Jun Ch » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:13:32

Hello,

I've tested the behavior that you mentioned and it is true that Jet OLEDB
doesn't allow me to specific mdw and while using the ODBC data source, the
ODBC data source is not listed in the Push Subscription Wizard. (The OLD DB
data source will create a linked server while the ODBC data source will
create a remote server).

You may try the OLE DB data source which uses the OLE DB provider for ODBC
driver to see if it is helpful:
1. Create a new subscriber.Select the OLE DB data source.
2. When adding the linked server, choose MS OLE DB provider for ODBC driver
as the provider. Enter Product Name, enter the DSN name as Data source,
MSDASQL.1 as the Provide String, and enter the full path to the database as
Catelog.
3. When the linked server is successfully created, you should be able to
create the subscriber which can be listed in Push Subscription Wizard.

I hope this helps!

Jun Chen

I?ve been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
reserved.

Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup Information File

Post by hWinMai » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:47:16

Thanks.

> Hello,

> I've tested the behavior that you mentioned and it is true that Jet OLEDB
> doesn't allow me to specific mdw and while using the ODBC data source, the
> ODBC data source is not listed in the Push Subscription Wizard. (The OLD DB
> data source will create a linked server while the ODBC data source will
> create a remote server).

> You may try the OLE DB data source which uses the OLE DB provider for ODBC
> driver to see if it is helpful:
> 1. Create a new subscriber.Select the OLE DB data source.
> 2. When adding the linked server, choose MS OLE DB provider for ODBC driver
> as the provider. Enter Product Name, enter the DSN name as Data source,
> MSDASQL.1 as the Provide String, and enter the full path to the database as
> Catelog.
> 3. When the linked server is successfully created, you should be able to
> create the subscriber which can be listed in Push Subscription Wizard.

> I hope this helps!

> Jun Chen

> I?ve been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

1. Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup

Information File

I'm trying to replicate SQL Server 2000 database with Access 2000
database. The database is

protected by a workgroup information file.

I consulted the help file and did the following.

I created a new subscriber using the type "Microsoft Jet 4.0 database
(Microsoft Access)"

but this type does not allow me to choose the workgroup information
file(mdw) file for the

database. Because of this, SQL Server could not open the database as it
is protected.

I then tried creating subscriber with "ODBC data source" type. I
successfully added a system

DSN to the database with the correct workgroup information file(mdw) but
it could not be

seen in the Push Subscription Wizard.

I also tried creating subscriber using "OLE DB Data source" type. I
choosed "Microsoft Jet

4.0 OLE DB Provider" for the Provider name field. I enter the path for
the database in the

Data source field. And entered the Provider string which looks something
like this,

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Records.mdb;Jet
OLEDB:System

database=C:\Records.mdw". After clicking OK, nothing happened. Then I
checked around, I

found out that this subscriber is added into the "Microsoft Jet 4.0
database (Microsoft

Access)" type. Anyway, it still doesn't work. Now, I have another
problem, how to delete it
from the list.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

2. Collation Compatible Server Option

3. Restore database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2000 (beta 2 version)

4. Updated Informix Linux install/configuration FAQ?

5. Problem with dllhost when Replicating CE SQL Server with SQL Server 2000

6. How to convert a time zones

7. Foxpro index corruption

8. bookmark against replicated SQL Server 2000 database

9. Connection problem: Access 2000 Win95/98 Client to Win98 SQL Server 7.0 database

10. copying sql server 7 database to sql server 2000 w/ no remote access

11. Is there any way to convert sql server 2000 database to sql server 7.0 database

12. Connecting to SQL 2000 server instance with MS Access 2000 (.ade file)