ERROR MESSAGE: "Unable to Browse Cube..."

ERROR MESSAGE: "Unable to Browse Cube..."

Post by Brian Forste » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

I have been having a problem with my cubes for some time and still cannot
find a solution.

The Problem:
In one of my cubes I have 7 plain old single table dimensions-- Nothing
Fancy.  At this point I can process my cube and all is fine.  But if I try
to add any more dimensions (single or multiple table dimensions) I get the
error message:
"Unable to browse the cube 'MyCubeName'.  Column expression cannot involve
more than one table, near: ('Dimension'.'Member')"
where mycubename is the name of the cube, Dimension is the table I am trying
to add and Member is the member I am trying to add.

I am getting this problem in several of my cubes, I really need to get this
problem resolved.  There is nothing fancy going on in my cubes, very simple
and straightforward.  I would be happy to send screen shots of my schema if
this would help to solve the problem.

I would be EXTREMELY greatful for any help.  I have been trying to solve
this for a couple of weeks now, and would be thankful for any guidance.

Thank You

Brian Forster
Thomson Indiana
Programmer/Analyst

ERROR MESSAGE: "Unable to Browse Cube..."

Post by Mark Cushma » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

We have seen this also. Try reprocessing all your shared and private
dimensions together (or one at a time...) Then process the cube. If this
doesn't work, start removing dimensions.  If (and when) you find the
offender, rebuild it.

Quote:> Hi All,