problems with connections

Post by Sisinvest Com. Equip. Sist. Ltd » Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Please, i getting a trouble.

When i trying to access a SQL Server with my applications i'm getting a
message same like this:

... user count of 5 licenses for this standard edition server has been
exceeding addition.  You can solve this, doing the upgrade to the full
version of SQL Server. (or something like this)

I use the Backoffice Server 4.0 as my old installed version. Now i did the
upgrade of my SQL Server to the 7.0 that comes with Backoffice Server 4.5.
I'm not using the Small Business version, but my sql server concurrent users
is limited to 5 network connections.

When i switch to the SQL Server 6.5 it's work fine, but at 7.0 version a
message like this appears. What can i do?
I tried the Microsoft suport here at Brazil, with no success. I losing money
and time, whats could going on?

Thanks,

Fabiano
Sisinvest Ltda
Sao Paulo, Brazil

problems with connections

Post by David Zukowsk » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You could get around it for now by having everyone connect with the same
user name.  But in order to do it legally you need a license for everyone
that connects to SQL server.  If you are using the internet all you need to
do is purchase a internet license.

Quote:> Please, i getting a trouble.

> When i trying to access a SQL Server with my applications i'm getting a
> message same like this:

> ... user count of 5 licenses for this standard edition server has been
> exceeding addition.  You can solve this, doing the upgrade to the full
> version of SQL Server. (or something like this)

> I use the Backoffice Server 4.0 as my old installed version. Now i did the
> upgrade of my SQL Server to the 7.0 that comes with Backoffice Server 4.5.
> I'm not using the Small Business version, but my sql server concurrent
users
> is limited to 5 network connections.

> When i switch to the SQL Server 6.5 it's work fine, but at 7.0 version a
> message like this appears. What can i do?
> I tried the Microsoft suport here at Brazil, with no success. I losing
money
> and time, whats could going on?

> Thanks,

> Fabiano
> Sisinvest Ltda
> Sao Paulo, Brazil

problems with connections

Post by Sisinvest Com. Equip. Sist. Ltd » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

My applications already calls the SQL Server as a unique user.
Inside a local machine i can do lots of connections, but when in a network
it not work. I have all licensed for my clients, but the Server does not
recognizes it.

David Zukowski escreveu na mensagem ...

>You could get around it for now by having everyone connect with the same
>user name.  But in order to do it legally you need a license for everyone
>that connects to SQL server.  If you are using the internet all you need to
>do is purchase a internet license.

>> Please, i getting a trouble.

>> When i trying to access a SQL Server with my applications i'm getting a
>> message same like this:

>> ... user count of 5 licenses for this standard edition server has been
>> exceeding addition.  You can solve this, doing the upgrade to the full
>> version of SQL Server. (or something like this)

>> I use the Backoffice Server 4.0 as my old installed version. Now i did
the
>> upgrade of my SQL Server to the 7.0 that comes with Backoffice Server
4.5.
>> I'm not using the Small Business version, but my sql server concurrent
>users
>> is limited to 5 network connections.

>> When i switch to the SQL Server 6.5 it's work fine, but at 7.0 version a
>> message like this appears. What can i do?
>> I tried the Microsoft suport here at Brazil, with no success. I losing
>money
>> and time, whats could going on?

>> Thanks,

>> Fabiano
>> Sisinvest Ltda
>> Sao Paulo, Brazil

1. SQL server license problem with connections

I have been experiencing some problems with an error message which states
that I have exceeded my five licenses and need to upgrade to a full version.
This is the situation:

In my office, we have a 5 - license SQL server to develop a database
application.  We only have 5 users, and therefore, do not get this error
when working locally.  If I try to log into a client's SQL server remotely,
that is when I get this error.  The client has sufficient licenses for 20-30
workstations to access the server.  This leads me to believe that it is
indeed my 5 - license server which is preventing the connection.

Is my server counting all the connections to the remote server when I try to
connect remotely and update tables?  Is there a way around this?  I don't
see why my license should prevent me from connecting to a remote server when
my client has adequate licensing.

If anyone can help with this issue, I would be very grateful.  As it stands
now, I have to convert the updates to text files, transfer the files, then
log on remotely and import the updates.  This process is obviously much more
time consuming than updating directly from my server.

Braden Rowley
Tenet Information Services
Client Support

2. awe versus /3GB switch

3. Problem with connection via TCP/IP

4. When should I Commit?

5. problem with connection

6. Multilingual Full-Text support

7. Problems in connection to the Cube

8. Problem with Connection Pervasive SQL 2000 an MS SQL Server 7.0

9. Problem with connection getting logged out...

10. Problem with connection from VFP to SQL Server!

11. Attention:Problems with connection to SQL7 on Server err number= -2147467259 [DBMSSOCN]

12. Problems with connection string