SQL Enterprise Manager 2K & 7.0 vs. EM 6.5

SQL Enterprise Manager 2K & 7.0 vs. EM 6.5

Post by Richar » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:00:33

If you are running a multi-database environment and you want each user to
only view their DB and no other, is it possible in EM 2k or 7.0? I do not
mean being able to see the DB and not have to access it, what I mean is they
should only see one DB cylinder looking icon which is the one they have
access to. If  my memory servers me correctly, I believe in EM 6.5 it is
possible...each user only see the DB which they have rights to. Please help.

Richard

SQL Enterprise Manager 2K & 7.0 vs. EM 6.5

Post by Brian Mora » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

It is not possible in SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 7. You're not alone,
many people have asked for this...

Quote:> If you are running a multi-database environment and you want each user to
> only view their DB and no other, is it possible in EM 2k or 7.0? I do not
> mean being able to see the DB and not have to access it, what I mean is
they
> should only see one DB cylinder looking icon which is the one they have
> access to. If  my memory servers me correctly, I believe in EM 6.5 it is
> possible...each user only see the DB which they have rights to. Please
help.

> Richard

1. SQL Enterprise Manager 2K & 7.0 vs. EM 6.5

If you are running a multi-database environment and you want each user to
only view their DB and no other, is it possible in EM 2k or 7.0? I do not
mean being able to see the DB and not have to access it, what I mean is they
should only see one DB cylinder looking icon which is the one they have
access to. If  my memory servers me correctly, I believe in EM 6.5 it is
possible...each user only see the DB which they have rights to. Please help.

Richard

2. ORACLE on a 386 Unix ???

3. Ingres DBA needed - please read

4. ***paradox guru needed asap!!!

5. using Enterprise Manager for 6.5 & 7.0

6. INSERT in PL/SQL function

7. Using Enterprise Manager 6.5 & 7.0

8. How to connect to a SQL 6.5 Server via SQL 7.0 Enterprise Manager

9. SQL 6.5 Enterprise Manager refuses to run on SQL 7.0 Server