SQL Server 6.5 Back ups

Post by Konstantin Loguino » Thu, 16 May 2002 23:48:56

Folks,

I can't make "backup database" function work. I go through all the steps -
make it a complete database backup to a "Backup" folder on the hard drive
with the "overwrite" existing media option on, go to schedule, select all
settings I need, click on the "schedule" box. Once I click on "OK",
everything I set for the back up procedure goes away including the schedule
options.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Konstantin

SQL Server 6.5 Back ups

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 17 May 2002 15:32:40

Look under SQLExecutive (I believe that you double-click the icon in 6.5, or perhaps
right-click). Each time you do a Schedule, a Task is created for you.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

> Folks,

> I can't make "backup database" function work. I go through all the steps -
> make it a complete database backup to a "Backup" folder on the hard drive
> with the "overwrite" existing media option on, go to schedule, select all
> settings I need, click on the "schedule" box. Once I click on "OK",
> everything I set for the back up procedure goes away including the schedule
> options.

> What am I doing wrong?

> Thanks in advance!

> Konstantin

1. Attach SQL Server 6.5 dat file back to SQL Server

We have a legacy database on SQL Server 6.5. However, SQL
Server 6.5 on that server crashed, and the database backup
file got lost. But the database dat file is still intact.
Even though I reinstalled SQL Server 6.5 on that server, I
do not know how to attach the dat file back.

I need to get the data back to SQL Server whatever version.
If I can get the data back to SQL Server 6.5, I will
upgrade it to newer version later. If I can get the data
directly to SQL Server 7 or 2000 from the old 6.5 dat
data, it will be great.

So, anyone can help on the command to attach a SQL server
6.5 dat file back to SQL Server (any version)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Amy

2. Anyone use Informx 4GL for DOS?

3. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5

4. I don't understand...

5. How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

6. PicLan-IP v 2.0.0.114 Release Announcement

7. Back-Up Power for servers,UPS, Generators

8. DBGrid record selection question

9. SQL Server 6.5 back procedures ?

10. How to return database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

11. ACCESS 97 fron-end/SQL-Server 6.5 back-end app: table-locks when only displaying data

12. How to return my database back after i reinstall SQL SERVER 6.5

13. SQL Server 7.0 DB back to 6.5?