Need a SQL Server 6.5 disk.

Post by Stephen Cran » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:18:53

A client of ours has given us a project to upgrade that was originally
developed to run against SQL Server 6.5.  They sent a database backup that I
can not restore to a SQL Server 7.0 or 2000 server (realized that after a
little digging in the KB).

We have access to the MSDN download site because we are subscribers but I
could not locate SQL Server 6.5 anywhere.  So, my questions are:
1.) Anyone know if I missed the link to download 6.5 off of the Microsoft
site, and its location if so?
2.) If #1 above is not available, any ideas where I can download a copy if
Microsoft no longer supports 6.5 on their site?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stephen

Need a SQL Server 6.5 disk.

Post by twigg » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:11:28

Yes I know it is stupid, but try

http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/mssql.htm

you can buy it for like 70 bucks.

I searched on ebay and didn't see it anywhere. I found the
above link via google, there may be more.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>A client of ours has given us a project to upgrade that
was originally
>developed to run against SQL Server 6.5.  They sent a

database backup that I
Quote:>can not restore to a SQL Server 7.0 or 2000 server

(realized that after a
Quote:>little digging in the KB).