Change process priority / task priority permanentely

Change process priority / task priority permanentely

Post by Benno Bre » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello there

We try to make permanent changes to how certain application programs are
run in terms of process priority.

Can a program, say MSAccess.exe always, i.e. permanentely, be run with a
higher priority than NORMAL? And how could that be done?

We appreciate any input!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions in advance!

Rgds,
Infogate AG
Benno Breit
IT

Change process priority / task priority permanentely

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

 No, but you can wrap it in a command-file that START's it with the appropriate flag.

 > We try to make permanent changes to how certain application programs are

Quote:> run in terms of process priority.

> Can a program, say MSAccess.exe always, i.e. permanentely, be run with a
> higher priority than NORMAL? And how could that be done?

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7 - SQL Public)
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. Task priority/mixed use DB

Platform is Oracle 8.1.7 on NT 4.  I currently have a small db which
warehouses some data but is primarily a real-time data source for a
dialer.  This machine has excellent response time for this purpose-
and it is not nearly maxxed out.
I will be creating another, much larger and more utilized warehouse
soon.  If I create it on the same box, is there a way to guarantee
that the real-time activity gets priority?  The warehousing tasks will
push this machine more, but I think not too much total.

2. SQL Server 2000/Access 2002 security issue

3. Priority of task.

4. does Oracle 8i support Vcafe' 3.0a?

5. Setting a process priority in a SQL pass through query from MS Access

6. SQL Server Memory Bottleneck

7. batch processing priority

8. viewing calculated members in Excel PivotT with Excel 2000 and Excel XP

9. Trigger processing priority

10. process priority

11. AIX and Sybase, process priority etc

12. Process Priority with onilne 4.10