Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

Post by Richar » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:15:58

Merge Agent keeps failing with errors such as
"could not find stored procedure 'sp_helpmargealternatepublisher'"
or "'ARITHEBORT' is not a recogognized option" etc.

On closer inspection the names of the stored procedures etc that it's trying
to call are garbled :

"NUMARIC_ROUNDABORT","sp_MSgetrersion" etc.

Anybody had anything similar ?

Publisher W2K, SQL2000
Subscribers both NT4,SQL2000 recently upgraded from SQL7.0, problem only
occurs on one of the subscribers.

Richard

Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

Post by TSVK » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:18:42

Could you try running replmerg.sql and replsys.sql on the server again?

> Merge Agent keeps failing with errors such as
> "could not find stored procedure 'sp_helpmargealternatepublisher'"
> or "'ARITHEBORT' is not a recogognized option" etc.

> On closer inspection the names of the stored procedures etc that it's
trying
> to call are garbled :

> "NUMARIC_ROUNDABORT","sp_MSgetrersion" etc.

> Anybody had anything similar ?

> Publisher W2K, SQL2000
> Subscribers both NT4,SQL2000 recently upgraded from SQL7.0, problem only
> occurs on one of the subscribers.

> Richard

1. Merge Replication with ftp fails after adding A New Merge Article

I have created a Merge replication between 2 SQL 2000 servers.  The one
server is configured to do a Pull (non anonymous) and the snapshot is being
downloaded over ftp.

If I add a table to the replication, I get a message indicating that I must
generate a new snapshot before changes from any subscriber can be merged.
It also indicated that only the snapshot of the new article will be used to
sync existing subscriptions.

I create the new snapshot, but when the server synchronized, I get an error
like this:

The schema script '\\<server name>\D$\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\ReplData\ftp\<server name>_EM2_EM2 Proxy
Replication\20020125092210\A Test 9_257.sch' could not be propagated to the
subscriber.

It seems odd that it is trying to access it from the server share even
though this subscription is configured to use ftp.  Also note, that is not
even the location of the ftp configured in the publication.

I end up having to reinitialize the client, the synchronize to get the
changes.  This is not really acceptable over slow network links.

Is there any way to just get the snaphot of the new article to sync. as is
indicated when I make the change?

2. Missing Values

3. Merge Replication , Agent Distribution failed.

4. Using only dates of datetimes

5. Merge Replication - SNAPSHOT agent fails with sa login

6. Engine capabilities !!

7. One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed

8. Reports w/ Formatted Memo Fields (pdoxwin) redo

9. Merge Agent Fails - sp_MSupdategenhistory call fails

10. Merge Replication - Error for Snapshot Agent

11. SQL Error -- Snapshot Agent in Merge Replication

12. Merge Replication failing with enumerate error message

13. merge replication fails without error