Registering server doesn't work with SQL Server 7.0

Registering server doesn't work with SQL Server 7.0

Post by Jack Ree » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've installed SQL Server 7.0 on my home PC running NT Workstation.  I would
like to start experimenting with the product (create databases, table etc)
so I'm assuming I first need to register my PC as a SQL Server.  When I
attempt to do this (by registering (local) machine using NT authentication),
I get an error telling me that the server cannot be found.

I've installed the MS Loopback Adapter since I am not on a network but this
didn't help

Any ideas?

Registering server doesn't work with SQL Server 7.0

Post by Wayne Snyde » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

1. Sql Server should be running or you will get that error.
2. Try registering with your NT name, or local or .

Probably the server is just not running.

--
Wayne Snyder MCT, MCSE, SQL Server MVP
IKON Technology Services, C*te NC Education

1. SQL Mail doesn't work but SQLAgentMail works on prod server

SQL Mail doesn't work but SQLAgentMail works on our PROD
SQL Server

As far as we know,  via SQLAgentMail,   we can sends e-
mail and electronic pager notifications to designated
users in response to the triggering of an alert or the
success or failure of a job.

However, via SQL Mail,  we tried to use the xp_sendmail
extended stored procedure to send e-mail from Transact-SQL
batches, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers.  It
apparently doesn't work at all.
For instance, we have run the following notification:

This process  ran forever untill we stopped it.  But there
was still runnable process in the system as like "EXECUTE
master.dbo.xp_get_mapi_profiles"  run forever as garbage
process.  It can not be killed or cleaned up until we
stopped the services.

Our PROD server platform:  W2k Advanced Server with sp2,
SQL 2K with sp2.

The strange thing is we have another DEV server with same
configuration ( only difference is DEV server with SP3)
can perform both SQL MAIL and SQL Agent Mail.

Please help.

2. Using 1 database or more?

3. HELP! SQL server doesn't register properly

4. DBA's: West Cities- U.S.

5. Can't register a SQL 7.0 server from SQL 2000

6. A second Date with Crystal

7. sql enterprise manger's rigester server doesn't work in a nt workstation

8. free java dbms

9. Registering a SQL Server 6.5 from SQL Server 7.0

10. Urgent: nonfatal error while setup SQL server 7.0 (can't registering wzcnflct32.exe)

11. Error handling under SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0, @@error doesn't work

12. Query built in Access doesn't work in SQL Server