Increasing tempdb data size -> increases tempdb log size

Increasing tempdb data size -> increases tempdb log size

Post by Robert Clar » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am having a problem increasing the size of temp db.  I have created a new
device onto which I want to I want expand the DATA size for tempdb.

However, when I choose the expand option and choose the device in the data
combo box, my log size increases.  i am clicking the correct box.

Why is SQL Server (6.5) increasing the wrong one?

Hope you can help

Robert

1. Increase tempdb size/master device size?

I have Sybase on Linux, and I know I need to dramatically increase the size
of the tempdb.  It is at 2 meg and I probably need it to be 512meg.
However, the Master device size is only 21meg.  I know how to increase the
size of a database, but not a device.  Several Sybase books tell you you
should increase the tempdb, and show you how to increase the master
database, but what about the master device that master db is on?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kelly

2. Alice: A NEW PROGRESS TOOL

3. Increasing the tempdb database size in SQL6.5

4. Description of column while define table

5. How to increase the TEMPDB size?

6. IT MANAGER,Carnegie,PA

7. How to increase the size of the TEMPDB?

8. how to get Microsoft attention to a bug

9. increasing the size of tempdb

10. Increasing size of tempdb

11. Script/Query for increasing data and log size

12. Data and Transaction log size to be increased ??