Problems with SQL Mail and POP3

Post by Leon Watso » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:23:27

Hi guys,

I am trying to use the SQL Mail feature of SQL2000, but
after successfully creating a POP3 account in Microsoft
Outlook2000, I am having problems configuring the "SQL
Startup service account", and configuring "SQL Mail".

I have also created a Profile for this POP3 account by
going in Control Panel->Mail->Add profile.
When configuring SQL Mail, I go into SQL 2000->Support
Services->SQL Mail->Properties, and I input the profile
name of my newly created POP3 account and click 'Test', I
get the following error message;

Error 18025: xp_test_mapi_profile : failed with mail
error 0x80040111
"This MAPI profile was not found on the server. Are you
sure you want to use it?"

When trying to configure SQL Service startup account I
click on the security tab, and input the domaim\username
(LEON\lee) and my password, which is what I use to log on
to my computer. However I get a message saying that it
doesn't recognise the username, or it is a bad password.
Am I using the correct login information? Am I supposed
to be using account login information for SQL 2000? If so
where can I find these information?

I am using this tutorial as a guide:
http://www.sqlserversite.com/content/articles/20020425.asp

Any help would be much appreciated.
Kind regards,

Leon

1. Problems with SQL Mail and POP3

[...]

2. Hierarchies in Reports

3. dbexport

4. how to play WAV-FILES in visual basic ?

5. Can SQL Mail work with POP3 mail server?

6. SQL Server Web Assistant

7. Downloading POP3 mails to SQL.

8. SQL Mail with POP3

9. SQL Mail using Pop3/SMTP.