Error 8623 - query processor could not producde a query plan

Error 8623 - query processor could not producde a query plan

Post by Eric Bar » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:22:21

Hi all,

I cam across a situation where SQL server threw error 8623 ..can't create query plan.  I can describe the situation that created the
error message, but my real question is:  should I ever be able to get to this situation, or does this have to be a bug ?  Is this
something I should get in touch with PSS for?

Disclosure:
    Win2k AS - SP2 & rollup
    SQL 2000 EE - SP 2
    MS Cluster Services (active / passive)

    Server: Msg 8623, Level 16, State 2, Line 8
    Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan.

How I got here:
The bug  feels similar to what's described  in some of the articles about SQL 7 (Q264005, Q235401,Q214818).  The situation is I'm
doing a cross database (same machine) updates with some insert into / select from's.  Its a fairly complicated statement.  But I can
trace the sitiation to an indexed view.  When I try to do a cross database update to a table the indexed view relys on I get the
error.  Its quite possible all the indexed view requirements were not set in the source database.  It almost feels like the engine
wants to give me one of those "can update because numeric round about  is set incorrectly"  but the error just can't bubble up.

Regards,
-eric

1. Error 8623: Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan.

I am getting the error "Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor
could not produce a query plan." when attempting to execute a join-laden
query (about 7 joins, including the use of "containstable").

Neither Books Online nor Microsofts web site provide any useful information
about this error, and I would like to figure out why I am getting it. I can
isolate the error to a certain part of my query, but I do not know the
reason why I am getting the error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John

2. Data Warehouse Arch - Indiana

3. SQL Server Error 8623 - No query plan

4. SB+ Developer position in London

5. Replication Error:The query processor could not produce a query plan from the op

6. Reading Files with PL/SQL

7. Query processor could not produce a query plan...

8. ActiveX ListBox sort

9. [sql server] The query processor could not produce a query plan

10. The query processor could not start the necessary thread resources for parallel query execution

11. Error: Could not produce a query plan!

12. Error 8623 on Select over linked server.