Help! Where to learn SQL

Post by Jim Chriso » Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:04:56

Hi all,

I want to take classes on using SQL.  I know a little
about access, but want to get rid of our access databases
(storing people's contact information) and start using SQL
instead.
What classes should I take to learn to program web
interfaces to store, retrieve and manipulate data in a SQL
database?  I want to learn SQL but have no idea where to
start.  Please help!!!

Thanks,

Jim Chrisos

Help! Where to learn SQL

Post by Aaron Bertrand - MV » Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:35:01

I'm not sure of any classes that would really be useful (I would think
conferences and certification exams would be better in the long run), but
here is a partial list of useful web sites and reference books:
http://www.aspfaq.com/2423

Quote:> Hi all,

> I want to take classes on using SQL.  I know a little
> about access, but want to get rid of our access databases
> (storing people's contact information) and start using SQL
> instead.
> What classes should I take to learn to program web
> interfaces to store, retrieve and manipulate data in a SQL
> database?  I want to learn SQL but have no idea where to
> start.  Please help!!!

> Thanks,

> Jim Chrisos

Help! Where to learn SQL

Post by Wayne Snyde » Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:41:50

Microsoft has a pretty nice basic SQL CLass Introduction to SQL MOC 2071.
Almost every CTEC teaches it... It covers basic select, insert, update,
delete, with joins, order by , group by, where clauses, and nested
subqueries...

You also prefer to do a book ... Teach Yourself SQL in 21 Days (Richard
Waymire and Rick Sawtell)..  A fine book!

--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), C*te, NC

I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org

Quote:> Hi all,

> I want to take classes on using SQL.  I know a little
> about access, but want to get rid of our access databases
> (storing people's contact information) and start using SQL
> instead.
> What classes should I take to learn to program web
> interfaces to store, retrieve and manipulate data in a SQL
> database?  I want to learn SQL but have no idea where to
> start.  Please help!!!

> Thanks,

> Jim Chrisos

Help! Where to learn SQL

Post by christod » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:37:09

Hello,

  I just noticed your post, and I wanted to let you know about a new SQL
  tutorial, called the BiteSize SQL Tutorial available here :

http://www.veryComputer.com/]BiteSize SQL
Tutorial[/url]

  It covers the basics, and gives some good resources for finding more
  information.

  other good places to learn SQL :

http://www.veryComputer.com/

http://www.veryComputer.com/