default value lost

Post by Kapil Gupt » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 20:47:14

hi,

If  I use DTS to transfer a table, the default value given to cols are lost!
is there ne way out?
thanx!

Kapil Gupta

default value lost

Post by Rand Bo » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 02:36:06

Kapil,

Rather than choose copy table choose copy objects and data between SQL
Servers. This will by transfer the default.

Rand Boyd
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
When posting, please state the version of SQL Server being used and the
error number/exact error message text received, if any.

I've been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
You assume all risk for your use.
? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

default value lost

Post by Kapil Gupt » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 20:18:45

thanx!

Quote:> Kapil,