ADVISE NEEDED: How to migrate :ADVISE NEEDED

ADVISE NEEDED: How to migrate :ADVISE NEEDED

Post by Anurag Shar » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
   I am trying to migrate from my current Access 97 DB to SQL Server
6.5. Is there a proper way of doing this?, or can you pick any method so
long as it works.

   Please Advise.

Thank You.
                                                        Regards,
                                                        Anurag

ADVISE NEEDED: How to migrate :ADVISE NEEDED

Post by Sajal Kuma » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

there is an upsize tool that one could use to move access to sql server.
i believe that there are some quirks with this tool, e.g., it upsizes
the objects in alphabetical order, disregarding the parent-child
relationships. therefore, one must pay attention to the sequence in
which the tables would be upsized.
hope it helps.
thanx.
sajal.

--
Sajal Kumar
Software Engineer

(770) 663 8963 x174 (W)
(770) 521 1061      (H)

1. Need advise on migrating from mSQL/MySQL...

Hi there.  I've been asked to look into migrating several of our websites
from a mSQL backend (UNIX/Apache/Perl) to Informix Foundation.2000.  While
I'm far from an expert on mSQL, I was hoping some of you might have
experienced such a transition and could offer some advice on what to expect.
I'm leaning towards a MySQL solution but there's a possibility that we could
get a very good deal on the Foundation.2000 licensing - thus the pressure is
on me to come up with an "informed decision".  I've gleaned as much info as
possible from Informix' website, but I'm still uncertain as to how difficult
a switchover it's going to be (considering I have nil experience with
Informix db's).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brian Tully

2. sqlstate 11111

3. Need advise of locking gurus

4. Please Help!

5. Timeout expired messages in ADO...Need expert advise.

6. CREATE TABLE with a name derived from a string

7. Need pros advise/comments for thesis paper

8. Distributed Parameterized Queries (Second Try)

9. Guru's Advise Needed...

10. Indexes Need some advise

11. Need 6.5 advise, new drives, move data

12. Advise needed: How to alter a table (remove + add columns) without log becoming full (SQL 6.5)

13. Advise Needed on Controlling Access Through Either Application Roles or Programming