sa password problem

Post by Richar » Thu, 30 May 2002 05:00:53

I recently was hit with a virus that attacks SQL servers
with the default login of sa and a password of blank. I
changed the password for sa to prevent the virus attack.
Problem is another outside program the company uses could
no longer access the SQL server due to it wanting sa and
blank. To get the program up and running again I was going
to change the password back to blank until the other
software vendor would tell me how to change thier program
to use a different password. In doing so i typed "osql -U
sa -P "" -Q "sp_password 0292,,sa" This gave an error
about the syntax so i changed i tried something
different. "osql -U sa -P "" -Q "sp_password 0292,'',sa"
It accepted this but now i cannot log into SQL at all.
I've tried many different variations to try to get back in
but haven't been able to do so. Any ideas?

sa password problem

Post by Enigma Epiphan » Thu, 30 May 2002 05:26:00

c:\  osql  -T  from a command console of the server machine.

from there
1> exec sp_password null, null, 'sa'
2> go

sa should no have a null password. . .

Quote:> I recently was hit with a virus that attacks SQL servers