SQL 6.5 max. mem. config ??

Post by Ajay[M » Sat, 04 May 2002 05:58:41

The max amount of memory that SQLServer 6.5 can use is 2GB. See "Setting
the Memory Option" topic in Books online.

-Ajay.

reserved.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

--------------------

>Subject: SQL 6.5 max. mem. config ??
>Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:03:53 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup

>What's the maximum memory SQL 6.5 can be configured for.

>I have 4GIG in my server on Adv. server 2000.  What
>number should I configure the memory in the server
>configuration for ??

1. SQL server mem config advice please

Hi Everyone,

I have a SQL server here with sql2k ent. on win2k
adv.srvr. running about 24GB of databases (the largest is
15GB) and have around 50 - 70 user connections. The server
has 3GB of ram and currently I have PAE and AWE enabled so
the server can use between 1024MB and 2432MB of ram. This
server is pretty much a dedicated sql server (except it
runs the Intranet and Arcserve at night)
What I would like to know, is it best left running PAE and
AWE, or should I take out /PAE from boot.ini and use /3GB
instead?

Any advice or personal experience is much appreciated.
Daniel.

2. How to change the LastBackup property of a transaction log

3. Help DBase IV SQL max to mem variable ???

4. Table Refresh Slow Reports?

5. sybase mem config vs HP-UX's top report

6. fcn can't be used in SQL ?

7. Oracle CPU/Mem/Disk config recommendations

8. Error: 7105, Severity: 22

9. Resource Timeout config var in SQL 6.5

10. How to config replication between sql 6.5 and 7.0

11. SQL 6.5 Config Error-Should be easy for those that know what they are doing

12. setting mem var max