too much time in connection

Post by Taral Desa » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 04:50:55

Hi There,

I am trying to access the olap db in asp page ,located on
diff  server then the web server .It takes around 4.5
seconds for connection.but If i want to access the local
olap db then it takes like 0 seconds..

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Taral

1. setting client time out connection...

As far as I know, the timeout (connection & query) is always specified from
the client side and not in the server. Makes sense especailly for connection
timeout - if the client can't connect to the server, how can it get the
timeout setting?

--
Regards,
Gowri. MCDBA, MCSE+INTERNET, MCP+SITEBUILDING

2. sql:unused extent space

3. Help : Very long time before connection

4. I need help with password please

5. Dummy Design-time ADO connection

6. Oracle 7 vs 8, Unix vs NT

7. Bad response time at connection

8. IP Address problem

9. no error generated right after time exceed connection.timeout

10. Does SQL server limit the processing time per connection?

11. Got this every time "Connection to server is Lost"

12. Oracle 7.3.2 Connection problem : very long time to get a database connection

13. Oracle 7.3.2 Connection problem : very long time to get a connection