How to prevent connections to a database?

How to prevent connections to a database?

Post by John Peterso » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

(SQL Server 7.0, SP2)

Heya, all!

We have a SQL Server cluster in production and we would like to restore a
couple of databases.  We have some web servers that are connecting to the
database as fast as we can kill the connections to be able to perform the
restore.  Is there any way to "block" new connections from being made to a
single database?

As always, thanks for your time!  :-)

John Peterson

How to prevent connections to a database?

Post by Christine Oor » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

To "block"  new connections, set database access to 'dbo use only' and KILL
away!

Chris :)

> (SQL Server 7.0, SP2)

> Heya, all!

> We have a SQL Server cluster in production and we would like to restore a
> couple of databases.  We have some web servers that are connecting to the
> database as fast as we can kill the connections to be able to perform the
> restore.  Is there any way to "block" new connections from being made to a
> single database?

> As always, thanks for your time!  :-)

> John Peterson

  cooro.vcf
< 1K Download

How to prevent connections to a database?

Post by John Peterso » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, Christine!

I'll give that a shot!  :-)

> To "block"  new connections, set database access to 'dbo use only' and
KILL
> away!

> Chris :)

> > (SQL Server 7.0, SP2)

> > Heya, all!

> > We have a SQL Server cluster in production and we would like to restore
> > couple of databases.  We have some web servers that are connecting to
the
> > database as fast as we can kill the connections to be able to perform
the
> > restore.  Is there any way to "block" new connections from being made to
> > single database?

> > As always, thanks for your time!  :-)

> > John Peterson

1. Prevent Connection

Hi,

Is it possible to prevent someone accessing SQL Server 7 using Access97 and
ODBC but allow connection via VB6

what exactly i am trying to do is..., i have a system that needs a high
level of security and i want to know can i stop someone importing the tables
into Access from SQL Server via ODBC

i could use OLEDB for the VB side so that i don't need to set up an ODBC but
it is preventing people getting in via Access which is the problem

Any Ideas,

Cheers
Craig

2. How to check the Lock level in DB2 ?

3. license prevent connection

4. Jet, adCmdTableDirect, Cannot open any more tables, Bug?

5. Prevent Connection

6. - Pdox4.5 - Screen black out

7. Merant odbc

8. Preventing Connections

9. Internet connection prevents sql from Functioning.

10. How to prevent others connection to access table ?

11. Help: Unable to prevent logon Prompt via ODBC connection

12. Prevent Multiple Connections?