Change of data source from SQL to Oracle, Unix in DTS packets will there be problems?

Change of data source from SQL to Oracle, Unix in DTS packets will there be problems?

Post by Lars » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:30:30

Hi,
I wonder if I can develop my DTS packets using an SQL server as data
source and then later change to an Oracle database on UNIX?

Will there be any problems?

Best regards Lars-?ke

1. DTS - Problem to change a data source

Hello all...
Change a text file source in DTS package of each step

I am try to change my source file name connection on one step of
the package only, but get an err massage that tsk.Connections is
not a property or an err that can't find the path to the text
file...

can you help me [:-(}

Function Main()

Dim pkg, stp, tsk, cn
set pkg = DTSGlobalVariables.Parent
Set stp = pkg.Steps("DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1") Set tsk =
pkg.Tasks(stp.TaskName)
set cn = tsk.Connections ("c:\Cust\web.txt") cn.datasource
= "c:\Cust\GEN.txt"
Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End Function

THIS REPLAY GIVE ME THE ERR .

shmulik

---------------
You need to get a reference to the CustomTask, then set either
the SourceConnectionID property or DestinationConnectionID
property. Also, get the connection id:
set cid = pkg.Connection.Item("c:\cust\web.txt")

set cus = tsk.CustomTask
cus.SourceConnectionID = cid

2. Comparison MS SQL Server vs Interbase?

3. Changing a DTS connection data source does not propagate to SQL Exec Tasks

4. SQL-Worksheet and linesize

5. DTS Dynamically change data source

6. SQL Logic help

7. Automatically Changing DTS Data Source Server Names

8. US-PA: Horsham-QA Lead/Analyst with Oracle

9. move DTS packages and change data source

10. Change source data type in DTS

11. Troubles with changing data source in a DTS-package

12. DTS Changing the file of a data source

13. Ratio Sybase packets / UNIX packets ?