importing data from Access 97 databases in remote sites

importing data from Access 97 databases in remote sites

Post by David Thoma » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:17:20

I am new to SQL server and I am hoping that it will allow me to import
  data from Access97 databases located in 6 different places in the county.
  When the project is running full blast those Access databases will be
  generating 4-5 million records weekly so I will also have to be deleting
  the data after I have verified that it has transferred correctly so that the
  Access databases don't get too large. The Access databases are located
  on NT4 computers connected to the SQL server over T1 lines running
  TCP/IP. What would be the best procedure (and command) to import
  the data? Is there a way to delete the data on the remote servers? And
  finally, can I automate this whole process to happen weekly?