can'r start sqlserver

Post by Arnold Teppe » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:55:31

Hello,

We had a corrupt master database and used rebuildm to repair.
After that we used sp_attach_db to reattach our database to the new master.

However we get the following errormessages :

Server: Msg 1816, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not attach the database because the character set, sort order, or
Unicode collation for the database differs from this server.
Warning: sort order 0 in database differs from server sort order of 52.
Warning: Unicode language locale 0 in database differs from server Unicode
language locale of 1033.
Warning: Unicode comparison flags 0 in database differs from server Unicode
comparison flags of 196609.
Warning: sort order 0 in database differs from server sort order of 52.
Warning: Unicode language locale 0 in database differs from server Unicode
language locale of 1033.
Warning: Unicode comparison flags 0 in database differs from server Unicode
comparison flags of 196609.

Can we somehow change the unicode in our database, or do something else to
recover the database ?

Thanks in advance,
Arnold Tepper

can'r start sqlserver

Post by Vikram Vamsh » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:44:31

hi,
you will have to rebuild the master again, make sure that you use the same
sort order and collation which you were using initially. rebuildm will give
you this option.
hth

--
Thanks for choosing Microsoft