Cant install SQL 7

Post by Dave » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to install SQL 7, and during the install i get a message "The
Enterprise component cannot be installed on windows NT server using this cd.
Only client components will be available for installation."

My machine is a brand new build with NT 4 sp5 and IE 5 and no previous sql
installations.

I am using the sql 7.0 cd from our MSDN library June 2000.

If I continue with the install anyway, I cant start sql. therefore I cant do
anything at all with it. I have reinstalled several times and still no luck.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem???

Thanks

Cant install SQL 7

Post by Ian Simpso » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Dave,

It sounds like you are trying to install SQL 7.0 Ent. on a standard NT
Server. SQL Ent will only install on NT Server Enterprise Edition.

Ian.

Quote:> I am trying to install SQL 7, and during the install i get a message "The
> Enterprise component cannot be installed on windows NT server using this
cd.
> Only client components will be available for installation."

> My machine is a brand new build with NT 4 sp5 and IE 5 and no previous sql
> installations.

> I am using the sql 7.0 cd from our MSDN library June 2000.

> If I continue with the install anyway, I cant start sql. therefore I cant
do
> anything at all with it. I have reinstalled several times and still no
luck.

> Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem???

> Thanks

Cant install SQL 7

Post by Dave » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I cant seem to locate an enterprise version. We have the full MSDN, but no
Enterprise edition
Where can I get this from????

>Dave,

>It sounds like you are trying to install SQL 7.0 Ent. on a standard NT
>Server. SQL Ent will only install on NT Server Enterprise Edition.

>Ian.

>> I am trying to install SQL 7, and during the install i get a message "The
>> Enterprise component cannot be installed on windows NT server using this
>cd.
>> Only client components will be available for installation."

>> My machine is a brand new build with NT 4 sp5 and IE 5 and no previous
sql
>> installations.

>> I am using the sql 7.0 cd from our MSDN library June 2000.

>> If I continue with the install anyway, I cant start sql. therefore I cant
>do
>> anything at all with it. I have reinstalled several times and still no
>luck.

>> Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem???

>> Thanks

Cant install SQL 7

Post by Kelvin Chi » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello:

            It seems like you try to install an Enterprise Edition of MSSQL7. If
you want to install this, you must need to upgrade your NT to ENT NT. During the
installation of MSSQL, it will give you some choices such as MSSQL Enterprise,
Standard.... If you want to run SQL7 on NT, you need to install the standard
one.

Kelvin

> I am trying to install SQL 7, and during the install i get a message "The
> Enterprise component cannot be installed on windows NT server using this cd.
> Only client components will be available for installation."

> My machine is a brand new build with NT 4 sp5 and IE 5 and no previous sql
> installations.

> I am using the sql 7.0 cd from our MSDN library June 2000.

> If I continue with the install anyway, I cant start sql. therefore I cant do
> anything at all with it. I have reinstalled several times and still no luck.

> Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem???

> Thanks

Cant install SQL 7

Post by Claus Kapple » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

ist it NT Server ?

> I am trying to install SQL 7, and during the install i get a message "The
> Enterprise component cannot be installed on windows NT server using this cd.
> Only client components will be available for installation."

> My machine is a brand new build with NT 4 sp5 and IE 5 and no previous sql
> installations.

> I am using the sql 7.0 cd from our MSDN library June 2000.

> If I continue with the install anyway, I cant start sql. therefore I cant do
> anything at all with it. I have reinstalled several times and still no luck.

> Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem???

> Thanks

  ckappler.vcf
< 1K Download

1. cant install sql 2k :/

Hello

im trying to install sql 2k on a win 2k server machine and its driving me
nuts.....

as soon as i run the installation it tells me:

"A previous installation created pending file operations on the installation
machine. You must restart the computer before running setup"

ok, ive restarted but same thing again........ shall i restart 10 more times
or?

/Lasse

2. foxbase newsgroup

3. Cant Install SQL Server 7.0 on Windows Milllenium

4. Yet ANOTHER question! Please help a bruthah out!

5. cant install sql server 6.5, error -3

6. US-MA,RI,CT DBA/Developer FT Opportunity

7. Cant Install SQL Server 7.0 on Win ME!

8. A question about exporting

9. SQL Beta3 Install - Cant override install disk/dir

10. Cant specify destination folder for SQL Server 2000 client install

11. Cant install MS sql server Destop engine

12. I Cant install server and clients (both) on XP

13. Cant install Replication on SQLServer 7 Sp1