Enterprise Manager crashes when attempting to view remote database

Enterprise Manager crashes when attempting to view remote database

Post by Kyle Barro » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:21:49

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone how can help of has experienced
the following problems with SQL 2000:

Although I am able to register remote SQL 2000 servers with Enterprise Manager
2000, when I attempt to open the Databases folder, Enterprise Manager crashes.

Query Analyzer and other tools connect and perform correctly with remote servers,
and Enterprise Manager is able to access databases on local servers.

We have even gone so far as to set up a clean installed Windows 2000 machine with
SQL 2000 both in and outside our firewall but the problem persists.

Our only workaround is to administer all remote database functions in SQL via the
Query Analyzer - yum, yum.

Kyle

1. Enterprise Manager crashes when attempting to view remote database

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone how can help of has experienced
the following problems with SQL 2000:

Although I am able to register remote SQL 2000 servers with Enterprise Manager
2000, when I attempt to open the Databases folder, Enterprise Manager crashes.

Query Analyzer and other tools connect and perform correctly with remote servers,
and Enterprise Manager is able to access databases on local servers.

We have even gone so far as to set up a clean installed Windows 2000 machine with
SQL 2000 both in and outside our firewall but the problem persists.

Our only workaround is to administer all remote database functions in SQL via the
Query Analyzer - yum, yum.

Kyle

2. Qry Count Errors (repost: NG unavailable)

3. Enterprise manager crashes when viewing a remote server?

4. Problem of removal table-level Checkpoints.

5. 7.0 SP4 Enterprise Manager hangs then crashes attempting to open current server log

6. Tranferring Password Encryption

7. SQL2000 enterprise manager hangs when attempt connection to SQL7.0 database

8. CSV to SQL disregarding Carriage return and line feed?

9. Enterprise Manager & Remote Database

10. Cannot see MASTER database from local Enterprise Manager but can from Remote

11. enterprise manager remote database connection problem

12. Problems connecting Enterprise Manager to remote database...

13. Enterprise Manager attempts to Authenticate.