SQL Beta3 Install - Cant override install disk/dir

SQL Beta3 Install - Cant override install disk/dir

Post by Dan Loraditc » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am installing Beta3 of V7 SqlServer on NT4.0 WS SP3 with no previous
version of SQLserver resident.

During install I wanted to specify a different disk:\dir  than the default
value. I was presented with an informational message stating the
target directory was not found. When I replied to create a directory
I was told the device was locked or read-only. It was not.

Since I had enough space on the original target directory I continued
anyway and had a successful install.

I searched for any other reference to this error and finding none thought
that I would ask for an explanation??

Thanks,
Dan Loraditch

SQL Beta3 Install - Cant override install disk/dir

Post by Erik ?demar » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I had it to - resolved it with a boot of PC.

Regards

Dan Loraditch wrote ...

>During install I wanted to specify a different disk:\dir  than the default
>value. I was presented with an informational message stating the
>target directory was not found. When I replied to create a directory
>I was told the device was locked or read-only. It was not.

>Thanks,
>Dan Loraditch

1. Should I install SQLS7-beta3?

Hi:

I have Visual Studio EE. My version has SQLS6.5. MS has acknowledged
that the "final" SQLS7 release code will be out "sometime" in Feb/Mar
(here we go!). At this time, they can offer SQLS7-beta3 (free) or
SQLS7-evaluation ($15). I don't want to pay MS anything because I know
I will have to upgrade it soon.

Should I install SQLS7-beta3 now? (Even MS suggested avoiding beta3
code if I could.) Any insights into upgrading from the 7beta3 to
7release code would be appreciated.

Also, I could simply use v6.5, and upgrade to 7 later. But I don't
want to learn the 6.5 envirnment now and then learn the new 7
environment later. Comments?

Thanks for your comments.

Blair

2. datagrid in vba

3. install SQL2000 on .NET (beta3) server

4. sql debugging

5. Problem installing SS7 beta3

6. Running FORMS3 with SQL*Net V2.2

7. cant install sql 2k :/

8. Page Breaks in VFP Reports

9. Cant Install SQL Server 7.0 on Win ME!

10. Cant specify destination folder for SQL Server 2000 client install

11. cant install sql server 6.5, error -3

12. Cant install SQL 7

13. Cant Install SQL Server 7.0 on Windows Milllenium