SQL Server 7 and Windows NT Terminal Server and Windows NT 5.0 beta

SQL Server 7 and Windows NT Terminal Server and Windows NT 5.0 beta

Post by Richard Skopa » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Is it possible to install final version of SQL Server 7 to Windows NT
Terminal Server edition and to Windows NT 5.0 beta 2?

SQL Server 7 and Windows NT Terminal Server and Windows NT 5.0 beta

Post by Olaf Didszu » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi Richard,

maybe it's possible, but do not do it! MTS is heavily using memory. So you
waste a lot of perfomance. Use a second machine for your SQL-Server.

Olaf Didszun, MCSE
AP GmbH, Karlsruhe/Germany

Quote:>Is it possible to install final version of SQL Server 7 to Windows NT
>Terminal Server edition and to Windows NT 5.0 beta 2?

1. Windows NT 3.51 Server migration to Windows NT 4.0 Beta 2 and INFORMIX Products

I recently purchased a Windows NT 3.51 Pentium for the express
( AST Premmia P/133 w/32MB RAM, 512K Cache, 2 GB SCSI-2 Hard Drive )
purpose of building my own web server, and of course, putting
either Workgroup Server, Liverwire Pro, or Online 7.1 for NT on the
system.

Question:  Which product is best suited for a web site?

My exposure to INFORMIXs' web site gives good information about the
On-Line 7.1 for NT, and the Workgroup Server.   I like what has been
published, but more up-to-date information would be really helpful.

Can these products run under Windows NT 4.0 Beta 2?

Are On-line 7.x and Workgroup Server the same thing?

Which one is the better choice overall?

And is Livewire Pro ready for prime time?  The price is really nice,
but if there is a good reason to wait for the non-beta production
version, then so be it.  This is all in light of Universal Soldier--er
Server coming out at the end of the year, so choices now may be short
lived.

I also downloaded SQLServer 6.5, which is waiting in the wings for an
evaluation, and will probably live on the system for testing.

Your suggestions are eargly anticipated.  Whatever the choice, I will
probably be making my evaluation comments here, for the benefit of
others.  Windows NT 3.51 isn't bad on this system.  I will be evaluating
the 4.0 Beta 2 release this week.

:-)

2. SQL 7.0 sp4

3. Windows NT Server vs Windows NT Server Enterprise version

4. DA/DBA Newsletter Announcement - Issue 10.0

5. SQL Server on Windows NT terminal server?

6. logminer

7. D3/NT and Windows NT Terminal Server

8. Newbie Outer Join Question

9. SQL Server and Windows 2000 Servers (NT 5.0)

10. Download IDS for Windows 2000 NT server (terminal server edition)

11. 24007-NJ-Warren-PC-Windows 95-Windows NT-SYBASE-Windows NT-ORACLE-Crystal Info-Programmer