DSN changes from TCP/IP to NamedPipes

Post by RWA Bate » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I've created some DSN's using TCP/IP to connect to a MS SQL7 server (SP #2)
on NT4. Well, this works very nice, but sometimes when I check the DSN, the
client configuration dialogbox tells me it's using NamedPipes! Does someone
know how to prevent this "feature" or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Roger

DSN changes from TCP/IP to NamedPipes

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

 Roger - seen that myself, I think it's a bug.  If you can reproduce it with a
set of fixed steps then please report it to MS

 > I've created some DSN's using TCP/IP to connect to a MS SQL7 server (SP #2)

Quote:> on NT4. Well, this works very nice, but sometimes when I check the DSN, the
> client configuration dialogbox tells me it's using NamedPipes! Does someone
> know how to prevent this "feature" or is it a bug?

> Thanks,
> Roger

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see