Moving Merge Agents and publications

Post by Mike Ackerm » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 08:53:44

Using SQL 7, is there anyway to move or copy merge agent, publication
and subscription information between two SQL servers?
I transfered database from SQL desktop to Server and somehow the merge
agents and several pull subscriptions have disappeared. I have the old
SQL still running on a different machine. Is ther anyway to move the
old subscription information onto the new server without causing data
disruption?
Thanks Much

1. One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed

We are running merge replication on SQL7. Totally there are 8
publication-subscription pairs created, all of them are listed under
Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents. However, since last week, One
of publication-subscription pairs listed under Replication
Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed during midnight,
but this publication still listed under Replication
Monitor/Agents/Snapshot Agents, subscriber is still listed in the Pull
Subscription under subscribed database, and publisher is still listed
in the publication under the publishing database. Any ideas why this
might be?  I sure would appreciate your help.

2. dif layouts for dif monitor sizes??

3. Merge Agent fails on Visual Basic-created publication

4. Device Sizes - Latest Installment

5. Snapshot & Merge Agent Exists , Publication Does Not

6. Profiler Trace Data Error

7. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

8. V.B. 4.0 16 bit/ ODBC for SQL Server

9. suspect distribution agent and suspect merge agent ?

10. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

11. Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

12. Another snapshot agent for the publication is running.

13. another snapshot agent for the publication is running